Tandems... worth it or waste ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine.

Yes they can test a relationship.
I tell anyone that is thinking of getting wed to try riding a tandem first before you say I do lol.
The worst part of owning one 4 me is finding anyone wanting to ride as a team & put some miles on it.

My tandem is a 60's Columbia step over/ step thru set up. Has Apes for both riders, Old Brooks B 17's for seats , Red Band 2 speed Kick back & W/Wall Thick Bricks on it among other hand crafted Items. It carries a black , white & red paint in Tru Rat style .

It makes Everyone that sees it , smile

I would have to caution everyone, The only thing that I origanly bought & re-used on the bike was the frame lol.
A ton of cash ( LOL , you have to have a pair of everything to make it all match ) & hours later its a lot of fun to ride. ... A very uniqe Bike.

I would say yes, that a tandem will test your pocket book , determanation , tennasity & resolve.
I wanna build a Roth Reaper Tandem ..... I think
Stephen / Wingman

Wingman said:
I love mine.

Yes they can test a relationship.
I tell anyone that is thinking of getting wed to try riding a tandem first before you say I do lol.
The worst part of owning one 4 me is finding anyone wanting to ride as a team & put some miles on it.

My tandem is a 60's Columbia step over/ step thru set up. Has Apes for both riders, Old Brooks B 17's for seats , Red Band 2 speed Kick back & W/Wall Thick Bricks on it among other hand crafted Items. It carries a black , white & red paint in Tru Rat style .

It makes Everyone that sees it , smile

I would have to caution everyone, The only thing that I origanly bought & re-used on the bike was the frame lol.
A ton of cash ( LOL , you have to have a pair of everything to make it all match ) & hours later its a lot of fun to ride. ... A very uniqe Bike.

I would say yes, that a tandem will test your pocket book , determanation , tennasity & resolve.
I wanna build a Roth Reaper Tandem ..... I think
Stephen / Wingman

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for your reply :) id like to see a pic of your tandem could you post some? it sounds pretty close to what I have planned

Ty

I had a tandem. One too many chili dogs and my wife will never get on it again. I ended up trading it for a set of winter rims for my truck. I liked that bike too.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brings a totaly new meaning to BAD GAS !!!!

Hey I'm an antique ... Oops. Ment Senior Citizen ...... Tecno Challanged with a dash of lazy mixed in yano.

Keep an eye to the board for pictures ........... It could happen lol. Stranger things have occured so ya never know.
There may be some pictures of it on my old post. you can check that & see it mayby. It has Morphed dramaticly since then.

Everyones friend,
Stephen / Wingman De Dee Dee

One of my most memorable rides ever was on the stoker seat of a Specialized Deja-two mtb tandem in Tucson AZ, 1992 or 93. We went fast, cought air and cactus thorns in our shins. Wicked fun.

I've got 3 tandem's in the shed, 1898 Dayton w/ linked steering, some kind of dept store cruiser tandem thing and a friends Schwinn Twinn to refurbish. man these things take up a lot of real estate.

Tandem + storage space = Living Large ... man, three of them ... I'm kinda jelious & feel sorry 4 u at the same time if ya know what I mean lol.

I loved this tandem when you built it. I'd miss it too! It lives on the interweb until someone or something pulls the plug.
TWICEASNICEcollageBcopy-1.jpg

If you got the room get one.

Graylock

Latest posts

Back