Tandem value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
That actually isn't too bad a price. Most any tandem in ridable condition can bring $250-300. I love the lines on that one.

In my neck of the woods, replacing the two tires and tubes with new white walls, getting the chain to the front crank, making sure the seats are presentable, and probably removing the mismatched non-original chainguards, and I would easily get $150 within 1 weekend. If I spent some time cleaning the chrome and swapping the cranks & chainrings with matching ones, I could probably eventually get $250.
Quality wise, the old made in America huffy frames are decent, and this style of cantilever frame with separate front seat tube vs rear steer tubes are desirable. i would not make a three hour drive for it, but if it were in my county, I would go get it (after negotiating down a bit so I can buy new tires).

Note: the front chain ring is a Murray/Sears, and the rear one I do not recognize at all... it looks like a Columbia chainring sandwiched with a Schwinn chainring.

thats a cool frame style! I always wanted to make a rear steer out of one. maybe run cables through the cantilever bars.. :roll:

when I got ours I wanted a cantilever style and ended up paying $75 for our Tango that was in alot worse shape than that, but I only had to drive 20 mi. away to get it.

the huffys got bagged on alot for their cheap components and the fact they outweighed pretty much everything else. but I think they were plenty strong and definitly get the style points!

Latest posts

Back