Swiss Cycl'o'path (pulled from BO12, frame swapped and new thread up: The Wolverine)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But back to topic now. I made some small progress. Fabbed a rear bracket for the chainguard and found the right combination of wheel, fork and caliper break, grips are set and I found a nice add-on to the handlebar ends
45fd7bd3fd77cd0a8aa371a4509a6341.jpg
b01aa5217d02c3976df7276697408f55.jpg
c7acdea935dc602608e729d41857f681.jpg
99b823c3ea28b7ecd875a89c5763d22f.jpg

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk
Those are cool bars. I don't remember, are these stock on this bike?

Just picked up this saddle today. The design will go nice with the red lines in the maps. Just need a new seatpost now...
But then I can do a rideable mock-up, take it apart, chop some unused tabs here an there and get it ready to "paint"...
7cb74ae797587eb5868f8dbb2fa2304d.jpg
c26171f8f2a7a425ca153d553db1ab00.jpg

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

Distractions, nothing but distractions....
At the time I'm planning a major move (jobwise) from the south of Germany to the capital. Yes I'm moving to Berlin this summer. The first year, I will go there without family to organize the big family move for next summer (school and kindergarden for the kids, flat for the family,...). So I'm in need for a place to stay there. That's where my newest distraction/project comes in:

Screenshot_2017-06-18-11-57-17.jpg

I just bought this beauty and it will eat up most of my freetime the next few weeks to get it roadworthy and make it comfortable to live in it for the next year.
So this build is officially on hold until I have this 1977 Tabbert caravan ready....

Last edited:
Good luck with all your plans and the upgrades on the trailer. Sounds like quite an adventure!
Oh, an adventure it is!
I admire your adventurous spirit. Good luck to you.
Sometimes I'm afraid of myself and my inner adventurer, believe me!

Life trumps bikes sometimes, but it sounds like you are about to start a fun adventure in the next stage of life. Have fun with the camper and I hope you find a little time here and there to make progress on your bike as well.

It's still naggin' me that I won't be able to finish the Cycl'o'path within the timeframe of the build off, but there is no way to get it done by the end of this month. The paper decoupage and clear coating by itself will take almost 4 weeks, because it needs serious cure time in between steps and last time the final clear coat took almost two weeks until I was able to reassemble the bike...

BUT....

...almost a year ago, shortly after I finished the "Capitan Terror" I covered a mountain bike frame with Wolverine comics and tried to sell it (localy and on etsy) as a pure frame and fork, but with no success. I guess most of the people will only buy complete bikes, I'll never understand that...:grin:

So my question now is: Does this frame qualify for a frame swap (as in oh my god he worked on the frame more then half a year before the start of the build off)?

It would be great to continue in the build off even more as I got my hands on a donor bike just yesterday which would cover most of the missing parts on the Wolverine...
PhotoGrid_1473283072367.jpg

Last edited:
Back from my small workshop.
SAM_2562.jpg

The Cycl'o'path made way for the Wolverine and the donor bike is already gutted (if I can get rid of the last part of the bottom bracket it will be a hot contender for another ComicBike. Large tubes make a perfect canvas...).

As soon as a mod gives me the ok for the swap, I will start a new thread within the Build Off, if not, I will continue in the builds section...

If it was up to me I say 'RaT oN'! And that Wolvie pasted frame is awesome! Sending off a pic of it to my Marvel loving sons right now. Very cool Swiss Guy!

So my question now is: Does this frame qualify for a frame swap (as in oh my god he worked on the frame more then half a year before the start of the build off)?
I'm pretty sure that if anyone objects to your prior work on the frame it would be offset by the fact that you are starting the build 2 months late! :21:

I have no issues at all with you starting off with the triple claw frame man.
Go for it.

Latest posts

Back