Swingbikes are back!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thought you guys might find this interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/theswingbike/

fb5952223099414fd669feb18bc94d18.jpg

I have a feeling they will be ridiculously priced. Also, they've enhanced the swingability? It worked pretty good already. OH, and that front fork looks to be raked a bit too far out. I have built a couple that way and they don't seem to handle as well. The rear might be okay but honestly may be raked too far as well. If the rear rake is too much, even slightly, the bottom bracket travels upward during a swing and feels very awkward, and could cause you to "swing out" and wreck. Not that swing bikes are meant to be 100% safe, but these days you can't get by with much from a manufacturing standpoint.

I have a feeling they will be ridiculously priced.

$449 via Kickstarter will get you a "Legend" Swing Bike (MSRP $549).

IMO, putting the springs inside is a good idea. Fewer fingers getting pinched and no leg hairs getting yanked out. ;)

rick

$449 isn't terrible if they are decent. But if they don't meet their mark for startup pledges, then they can't manufacture. What does your money get you if they never produce a bike?

$449 isn't terrible if they are decent. But if they don't meet their mark for startup pledges, then they can't manufacture. What does your money get you if they never produce a bike?
With Kickstarter, if they don't reach their goal, no money gets taken. Only when the deadline comes and if they have hit the goal does the money come out of your account.

That is part of the reason I love Kickstarter, recently bought my new Remix desktop there, very impressed...

Luke.

From the Kickstarter faq.
https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter+basics?ref=footer

Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. No one will be charged for a pledge towards a project unless it reaches its funding goal. This way, creators always have the budget they scoped out before moving forward.

1. What is a creator obligated to do once their project is funded?
    When a project is successfully funded, the creator is responsible for completing the project and fulfilling each reward. Their fundamental obligation to backers is to finish all the work that was promised. Once a creator has done so, they’ve fulfilled their obligation to their backers. At the same time, backers must understand that Kickstarter is not a store. When you back a project, you’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised. If a creator is absolutely unable to complete the project and fulfill rewards, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to a satisfying conclusion for their backers. For more information, see Section 4 of our Terms of Use.

2. Can Kickstarter refund the money if a project is unable to fulfill?
    No, Kickstarter doesn't issue refunds. Transactions are between backers and creators directly. Creators receive all funds (less fees ~5%) soon after their campaign ends.

3. Why can't Kickstarter guarantee projects?
    We started Kickstarter as a new way for creators and audiences to work together to make things. Many traditional funding systems are risk-averse and profit-focused, and tons of great ideas never get a chance. Kickstarter opens the door to a world full of creative possibilities, one where anyone can help decide which bright idea will become tomorrow's reality.

Latest posts

Back