Swing Bike Gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures of a Schwinn Typhoon that I made last winter. Using 2 Schwinn's. Sorry about the dust. It has four Schwinn Badges on it.
DSCN1478.jpg

DSCN1485.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

The Schwinn rides like a dream. Once while riding accross town at a faster than normal rate I went over a sidewalk ramp and developed a top end death wobble. All I could do was .......step off and run, while the bike tumbled behind me. I wish it was on video. Now I've added a pin to keep it from flexing at speed. Iv'e slowed down some also. Gary

It's the actual paint scheme that was on the bars. I used all the men's Typhoon. And the front portion of a Ladie's Schwinn that had that paint scheme on it. Next I add some nice crome Schwinn fenders, I need to find a black Schwinn seat with the white "S" on it. And so on.....it's fun to keep on the lookout for Schwinn parts for it. My buddy has a crome rack that I'll try to talk him out of. Thanks, Gary

Yeah Schwinn parts are fun to find. I got a few Schwinns. :oops:
(A '54 Wasp, '56 American, '58 American, '60 Unknown, '66 Heavy Duty, '68 Hollywood, and an '82 Cruiser.) :mrgreen:

Here are some more..

Sort of a muscle bike, drag bike, swingbike concept build.
DSCF0287.jpg

It didn't have brakes, well it still doesn't until I put a cable on, but I found a cool band brake that I added onto the rear hub. It is bridgestone brand.
DSCF0290.jpg

I already had a picture of the blue bike on here, but The red one is new to this thread. I built these for the kids to ride.
DSCI0224.jpg

Are there any resources online to show how to build these? Mostly geometry and the like. These are cool!

bikebuilder said:
Here are some more..

Sort of a muscle bike, drag bike, swingbike concept build.
DSCF0287.jpg

It didn't have brakes, well it still doesn't until I put a cable on, but I found a cool band brake that I added onto the rear hub. It is bridgestone brand.
DSCF0290.jpg

I already had a picture of the blue bike on here, but The red one is new to this thread. I built these for the kids to ride.
DSCI0224.jpg

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: Those are outta this werld!!! Are those made in 16 inch? that is sooo awesome :D

Here is one I made from a cpl of dumpster bikes. Used a green basecoat and a can of spray glitter with a lot of UV clearcoats on top to get the metal flake effect. :)

Latest posts

Back