Swap Meet/For Sale posting

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by Bicycle808, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I've bought and sold a number of things thru the "swap meet" forum here on ratrodbikes. I've noticed that many sellers will offer all of the items they are currently selling in one thread, and update as things are sold or new items become available. This is what I tried, and it worked rather well.

However, I'm posting this b/c I find it frustrating when a user puts up a separate ad for each item he's got on offer; sometimes, the front page of that forum is dominated by the ads of just one or two sellers...

Is there anyway to encourage ppl to post a few efficient ads, instead of a large number of single-item ads?

Just trying to help...
    -rob
  2. CCR

CCR Certified Man-Child Moderator

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

In my experience stuff does seem to sell faster if its just one part in one thread (the annoying way if you've got a bunch of stuff for sale with seperate new threads) the other way (1 thread / tons of parts) makes the forum cleaner in my opinion but is harder to navigate and keep track of stuff if it gets too long. We (Steve/Rat Rod and us moderators) can delete posts or whole threads to clean stuff up but I really don't like to since your basically deleting a record of what was for sale and what was posted in the thread if things go south. I do agree though, staring at the first page and seeing all posts from 1 person seems a little discouraging. Personally I sell in individual posts but try to limit myself to 3 at a time... Though there is no such "rule" right now that I'm aware of.
  3. Brentley

Brentley

0   0   0

I would agree that items do tend to sell quicker individually. Perhaps a locked thread suggesting a 3 item limit would be a good idea, i don't think it needs to be a hard rule but it is polite not to occupy the entire board with single part listings.
  4. partsguy

partsguy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

A couple of other forums I'm call this "forum flooding".