Supercharged Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just an concept now - but plan is to build a bike around a
iu

French Moet & Chandon champagne ice bucket as a hood scoop.
Plan is for the bike to mimic a Supercharged Gasser drag car.

7225441374_9a9e4ac2eb_z.jpg

Don't want to muck up a vintage frame, so plan to hack up a free 1980's Huffy 10 speed.
Wish me luck. (I'm gonna need it!):rofl:

Oh yeah!
Diggin this idea!

With some "Big Daddy" Roth touches, this could be really cool. Bright metallic paint, fur, a tail....

I love the gasser idea.
Gassers generally sat nose-high but had bigger rear wheels and smaller fronts. I think using a 24" rear (bigger than the front) then doing whatever you have to do to get the stance will help you get the look.
The front end will be tricky to get looking "jacked up" without looking "chopper". A lengthened head tube to get the fork down and the frame up might get the look more than long forks would. A Motomag up front would really rock for this bike!
Maybe a Moon tank up front too...

Gasser... such a cool theme!!

Thanks JM!
You are right about the look. Ive change the fork and tacked some stuff and Ill post some pics soon. Tried some wheels from my collection but I dont have any mags tho.:p
Looks like they are pretty spendy for me tho. I see some "mongoose" mags on ebay but they look like plastic. Also I gyess they made some wallymart bikes with aluminum rims but guess they are dangerous?:eek:
Amazon has skyway Tuff wheel for $37 shipped.

41HpbO88JTL._SX425_.jpg

Maybe some RRBer has an old ratty 16", 20" front mag wheel or 24 coaster brake rear with a slick?:dance2:

Big gasser fan here...
A bike is hard to make look like a gasser, so it needs the right key elements wherever possible... further ideas (since I totally love this idea): a whitewall tire, but only on either the front or rear, not both. Maybe a small plastic windshield, tinted some color.
Small simulated 'chute on the rear?
I've seen metal off-brand (not Motomag) BMX mags on eBay or Craigslist pretty cheap, no one really wants them. If you really wanted to get the look, an old steel wheel with ten spokes of steel tube welded in would be the ultimate gasser front wheel...

I wish I lived nearby, I'd be over there welding and grinding!
That's my '55 in my avatar, I really want to "gasser" it but it's too decent to cut up.

ok I know the buildoff is still happening ,but this theme is awesome!!! I love gassers. they are iconic!!! I had a 55 belair once that was a gasser. only I didn't have the front end lifted up. it had the milbourne injection with a zz572 crate and a 4 speed close ratio tranny with brake. I am guessing it had about 600 hp but I never dynoed it. man it took some finagling to get it all to work but the finished product made all the kids in their celicas and Hondas cry to their mommas lol. just don't try to take a corner in one of these they don't like to turn lol. another cool idea if you can make it work would be to make some fake exhaust pipes coming off the front wheels I had 4 inch headers coming out right behind the front wheel on my belair needless to say it was loud lol

Latest posts

Back