Bratz ratz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While out in town yesterday i called into LBS to have a chat and pick up a couple gear cables.

While i was there a rather interesting bike came in as a part-ex, i took one look and had to buy it.

As it was when i got it. (not my photo)

And after 3 hours of removing the decals, replacing bars with bigger apehanger, new tyres and brakes pads, and a good clean. Here she is now.

bit of a bargain at £49.99

Cool. I often look for used low riders to convert to a muscle bike replica but I haven't taken the plunge. I like the way that bent springer fork has a place to mount a caliper brake.

Picked up a new crank for the cruiser as the original was slightly bent on the non drive side and was a bit short.

Original = 115mm
New = 145mm

That 30mm makes a lot of difference to the ride.

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a 5speed block, shifter and mech to this to make it more useable round here.

Looks nice! Those bratz cruisers make a reasonable bike with a few changes.
My uncle just scored me one from the dump near him, will pick it up on our way back down the east coast later in the holiday...
Not a neat as yours, and a fair amount of surface rust, but it is a decent project start...

Luke.

After a couple hours messing round, i've managed to get 6 gears on the cruiser.

the smaller cog is blocked off for now as the chain rubs the frame on it, just need to get a couple spacers from works to wided the rear by a few mm.

note the suicide shifter fitted to the seat tube.

Latest posts

Back