* Suicidal Tendencies * from Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

What do you think of this one?

Everything bended, sawn and draged by HAND!

I started designing the bike with an CAD construction program on my computer.
After that I converted all measurements and cut out some templates out of an old desk top.
Then I started heating the 50mm (1.9685 inch) pipes and pulled them over the wooden templates. The same procedure with 25mm (0.9843 inch) pipes of the rear end.
Later I started carving out the the 4 iron cross out of 10mm steal, by HAND! Really hard work...

Everthing was done by hand...

There a still some cool details missing at the bar and some ornaments.

I have sprayed the whole frame, fork and bar with salt acid, to get a nice rat and rusty look.
Some other parts, for example the spikes and the attachment for the bar are painted matt black.

This thing rides really good, even if it doesn't look that comfortable...

But it's really ......... At the first ride I pierced my kneecap with one of the thorns... So therefore it got it's name "Suicidal Tendencies"!

Ben

wccms12dqzp.jpg

wcc26ds2jfp8.jpg

wcc39fwln08p.jpg

wcc42i1urpyk.jpg

wcc573li8fgx.jpg

wcc71avbkeu8.jpg

wcc8apgs56w1.jpg

bikejqgdo1nt.jpg

bike2k9soldnm.jpg

autobahnr3qxgfuo.jpg

Nice chunk of rolling tetnus! You did some great things on this monster. I fell in love with the frame design at first sight. If you lived a few thousand miles closer I'd leave the old lady and run away with your bike!
Thanks for sharing,
Chainy

I already got a black stretchcruiser and I wanted this ride to look like a "Bad-To-The-Bone Rat Rod"... So I think the rust fits great... Every 2nd bike you see is black ;-)

Latest posts

Back