* Suicidal Tendencies * from Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

What do you think of this one?

Everything bended, sawn and draged by HAND!

I started designing the bike with an CAD construction program on my computer.
After that I converted all measurements and cut out some templates out of an old desk top.
Then I started heating the 50mm (1.9685 inch) pipes and pulled them over the wooden templates. The same procedure with 25.. (0.9843 inch) pipes of the rear end.
Later I started carving out the the 4 iron cross out of 10mm steal, by HAND! Really hard work...

Everthing was done by hand...

There a still some cool details missing at the bar and some ornaments.

I have sprayed the whole frame, fork and bar with salt acid, to get a nice rat and rusty look.
Some other parts, for example the spikes and the attachment for the bar are painted matt black.

This thing rides really good, even if it doesn't look that comfortable...

But it's really ......... At the first ride I pierced my kneecap with one of the thorns... So therefore it got it's name "Suicidal Tendencies"!

Ben

foto00102s8z9dqw.jpg

foto0004ug7otdvs.jpg

foto0005owbf94zj.jpg

foto0012wtvzk9xf.jpg

foto0018px5c0v8m.jpg

foto0020sid2tlbw.jpg

foto0031tpdbl9vh.jpg

foto0034t0jkyb98.jpg

foto0037dzpfksxn.jpg

foto0038n8czx7pq.jpg

wccms12dqzp.jpg

wcc26ds2jfp8.jpg

wcc39fwln08p.jpg

wcc42i1urpyk.jpg

wcc573li8fgx.jpg

wcc71avbkeu8.jpg

wcc8apgs56w1.jpg

autobahnr3qxgfuo.jpg

I´m interested by the dichotomy of the word "HATE" between what appears to be a couple of two saints.

The hole thing has a lovely tone of rust, looks like it came from a long period at the bottom of the ocean.

wow, that is awesome. how about painting "rast ich so rost ich" on it?

Thx guys.
Yes, that's a nice idea. In Germany there is a saying: "Wer rastet, der rostet." I think it would fit great...

Reminds me of the movie Slapshot when Ned sees the bus driver beating on the bus with a sledghammer and says, "Walt, what are you doing?", and Walt says, "Makin' it look mean!!!" That's a good thing, I love it.

Thanks ;-)
Got too much ideas...I think there will be something really "...-kicking" about to be ready for the pedestrian zone ;-)

foto00842nf3z5l8p.jpg

dgffgfgfgfgfggf8a9iordw.jpg

Latest posts

Back