Stripes on the Crown Victoria? Grand Sport Stripes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I stripe?

• No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
0d7b2e78.jpg

Got the idea from this car:
Corvette_Grand_Sport.jpg

The Vic needs something, I thought about this...But in black, So I used painters tape to try it out.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I'll be going with the stripes on the Vic!

Black, And i'm going to give it more of an angle, to put an emphasis on momentum/speed.
Next up, Removing the spot lights?
New wheels! 8)

Personally I'd paint it from the apliance white and go with something that doesn't look so much like a cop car. Maybe an undercover look. Dark blue or black would look sick. Then do the gran sport stripes in red. :wink:

No way i'm painting the car. Thats way out of my budget.
I wanted a silver one. I saw a gold one too, with all of the black parts...Looks great. So many black ones out there that people are trying for the undercover look. I dig it. Just overdone. I hate white cars, but i'm working with it.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
I'll be going with the stripes on the Vic!

Black, And i'm going to give it more of an angle, to put an emphasis on momentum/speed.
Next up, Removing the spot lights?
New wheels! 8)
I've got a plan. The steel wheels are my winter wheels, i'm looking for a set of used snow tires, so i can throw them on the steelies, and then buy these:
http://bgrodworks.com/eng/wheels/gasser ... ined-face/

(Though i found two more amazing wheels)

Nice, I like those wheels, wonder if they have them in 4 lug....? You don't have to go all out on paint, I plan to paint my new (to me) V-dub with spray can satin black and run with it.

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice, I like those wheels, wonder if they have them in 4 lug....? You don't have to go all out on paint, I plan to paint my new (to me) V-dub with spray can satin black and run with it.
My dad does auto body, and he has got connections to buy paint. It would be $150 to paint the fender and the door on my car.

A little more if i want to paint the roof. its chipping really bad.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I also need to balance my car expenses to pay car payments, and work on the Dynasty.

Yeah I know how that is. That's why I love a VW, parts are cheap! :mrgreen: Poorsche :mrgreen:

Or maybe get one of those bull bars for the front, here's what I found on Google image search. Looks awesome.

07-police-cvpi-front.jpg

08-police-cvpi-side.jpg

Cool, around here people are nuts, too many people buying crown vics to make lowriders and donks, really drives the price up. I still like my Volkswagen, great on gas, sporty, nimble handling, and a full set of tires runs under $200. Not to mention I've always loved VW and the GTI has always been a sweet ride, not to mention since mine is a GTI clone insurance is a bit cheaper than a true GTI. Add the fact that it's a drop top and it just doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. Only downfall is the small back seat and no rear leg room.

I LOVE VW in the late 80s early 90s.
their new stuff is great too, but cant get past how awesome they looked then.

Of course, the tires will be running me about $700 a set (probably a bit less if i go with not-as-good tires).
I see TONS of grand marquis donked.

Not my picture.
CV3T5.jpg

But i see them all the time whenever I go through the east side of detroit.

hehe...Thats a bit much!

There was a Michigan State cruiser for sale around me. 2010, 10,000 miles. $10,000. I dont know why they retired it so quickly. It was brand new! Must have been the Hemi...
2006_Michigan_State_Police_Dodge_Charger_1.jpg

Of course, the one for sale didn't have the push bar and lights and vinyls.

And for the record, This is the markings my car used to bear
sc114.jpg

Edit-
I just noticed the picture was taken where I bought the car. That looks to be East China Township's City Hall's back parking lot.

Latest posts

Back