Stretchaschwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All your other ones were great, but this is your best one yet.

Paul, sorry to hear about your pup. I've mentioned this before, I had to put my "best" dog down, a few years ago. As you know it is a very hard task............His name was KOTA.........Still miss him, but his memory stays with me everyday now. :D ................Larry

Thanks Kota . I know that people have a hard time understanding how much a dog can mean to you. I have another dog ,but I had only one little girl. Its getting better. I wish I had her longer. She was a little monkey. I too will get over the pain of missing her ,but will never forget her.

Glad everybody liked the build. I'm pleased with my stretch on this one. Most bikes I have stretched come out riding good. As a bigger guy the forward pedal build works. Its funny though you would think if a little is good alot is better, but I have found if you go much more than 7'' on the stretch you will run into the problem that you cant push the pedals as hard without having a seat with a back to it. I'm pretty sure the recumbient bike builders find that out too. I knew from the start that this bike would ride good . Its just how good you can build it. I look at other people stretching bikes ,and if you dont add the distance between the crank and the seatpost you really havent made anything differant.....just longer.

Your right about the recumbents, made a few.If you don't have a seat back, ya better "hang on" to the handle bars TIGHT. Lately, that's why I've been using banana seats with a big sissy bar, it instantly gives you a slight pedal forward.

Latest posts

Back