Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed this is even more of a snooze than the one i am in with sensor. lets see some pics i am going out after this to play with mine now that i think about it

Karfer, amongst others, poked the bear and have finally awaken it!
Actually I finally got some time to work on this bike. I haven't chosen a name for it yet, but as the build progresses someone or something will suggest a word that will inspire a name!

Saturday was spent drilling, adjusting, angling and doing just about anything else to insure my idea might work. So after I kinda thought it might work out, here's what I did today ....

sandcbuild124a.jpg

sandcbuild122a.jpg

sandcbuild125a.jpg

sandcbuild126a.jpg

This has been a major drawback in my progression. I wanted to come of the shop with a little dazzle in the fork department. I've still got some brackets to add. I think that I just might be onto something, only time and trial will tell!

Tuesday will be finishing the forks and starting the rearend day!

hey chainy, is it possible to stretch the deadline? i still need to do a lot more work. :oops: :roll:

Stretch,You name a date and I'll try to get mine done. Things haven't went as smoothly as I'd like, so anytime is fine. I will have some up dates pics soon though.

GDCast, I've got a little Harbor Freight fluxcore 110 volt. It's funny but the humidity can really mess with the quality of the welding. If I can get going on a new spool of wire, it turns out good, but after the wire sits for a few days the quality goes down and the spitting and sputtering begins! I'm getting real good at grinding though!

:lol: i guess so. i am working on the jackshaft right now, welding the two varsity sprockets to a front hub, and i have to redesign the cantilever tubes on the front half of the frame. i have no idea where to place the deadline. :roll:

What about sometime in May, Bike Month?

Got some stuff done but left the camera at the shop. Hopefully have it rideable this weekend. This the bike I wanna take to Biking4Betty!

So Scrappy Ron gives me a call, tells me he needs some stuff for a bike he's building. And then says he's coming out and I should at least get my bike rideable. I have most every weld done, except for the bottom bracket. It's only tacked in. I also am out of wire for the welder. Long story short, We get the bike together and take a chance on the b.b..

stretchvschainsaw2010138.jpg

stretchvschainsaw2010137.jpg

stretchvschainsaw2010139.jpg

Shortly after the last picture, the bottom bracket gave out. :( But at least I know it's rideable and very comfortable. Got some tweeking to do and then ....... on with the cool junk! Steering is very stable but quick. Handlebars will be changed out for some custom built ones.
Stay tuned!

Doerman .... Could have, was it hanging in a storage unit? :lol: Actually when Ronnie said it had to be rideable, I scrambled and started stealing parts from other projects. The bike will have the same tire/wheel combo as the front. Although I do like that reddish brown tire! Does your mom have another? :p

Latest posts

Back