Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright.. me an chainy have been conversing over pm, and have come up with this plan. our rules for each other are as follows:

1.No other member allowed to compete against us or post their bike in our thread.

2. bikes must be built as cheaply as possible! Preferably using stuff that they already have laying around, is given to them or found.

3. any type of cruiser frame can be used as a starter frame.

4.The builds should be documented as best as each builder can.

5.Chop, drop, slice, dice pretty much anything goes.

6. Each builder shall recieve one non bike related accessory from the other builder and use it on his build. This can be anything commonly found around the house or in the trash.

7. Deadline is April Fools Day (April 1st).

8. On or after the deadline date, the builders will meet up, photograph the bikes together, test ride each others bikes and post their opinions and ride impressions.

9.Within a day or two after the deadline a voter's poll with be put up on RRB and it's members may vote for their favorite bike. The most votes is declared the winner!

10. Each of the builders also builds a trophy for the other.

Now both of us will be posting in this thread. stay tuned to see what he and i have planned! :D

Sounds way to FRIENDLY!..........One of you should "slap" the other with a pair of leather gloves, just to get ya started. :lol:

Deorman! You were suppose to keep that between me and you! :?

Kota when Stretch and I meet on Sunday, I'll slap that little boy across the face with his own dirty diaper! I'm hoping we can find a time that doesn't conflict with his feeding schedule and nappy time.

The reason we figured we'd do our little head to head is:
We both live relatively close to each other
We both have to deal with the same weather conditions and other similar restrictions.
When finished, our bikes can be seen and photographed side by side, ridden by each other and we can put together a nice little cruise.
Plus, both of our good looks will draw out the babes (In his case babies)!

Our rules seem to be pretty attainable by both of us, so I don't think either one of us should have much of a problem finishing in our time frame (something that has plagued both of us in the past).

I can't get any photos of the frame and parts I'll be using until next Tues. of Wed. But I'm gonna use a newer style Huffy cruiser frame as the basis of the build. I'll try to do a little drawing of what I hope to accomplish. I've got the big box of Crayolas so that should impress my little challenger buddy!

Stretch, for the last time! I'm not married to Dora the Explorer! My wife's name was Dora long before that cartoon was popular! Quit sending her fan mail!

Good luck Stretch and let's have some fun!

Chainy

Chainy, Definately some nice smack talk. Right way to start it off. This mini-build off will be a model for more to come.

Well now it's sounding better......I was a little worried we were gonna have a "marshmallow" build off.

The more you dog on Stretch, the more he's gonna get mad and creative! :) Watch out!

NICE. liking the rules guys !!! i cant wait to see what the builder items are. im guessing a scooby doo underoos seat cover for stretch and a dora backpack sisy bar tool bag for chainy :mrgreen:

BigHit, Think of Stretch and me as two pro wrestlers and you guys are the audience! Scream, yell, choose sides, throw a beer at me, do whatever you see fit within the RRB board quidelines. The snot nosed kid and me can and will takes whatever comes at us. Post any and all comments about the build, ask the tuff questions, give us advice, tell us we suck. Just like Pro Wrestling, when the ring clears Stretch and I will go hang out with each other and enjoy the commotion our bikes brought upon you mere humanoids!

We just didn't want others wanting to make this a group build off or posting a million pictures of their own bikes because they have the same kickstand as what we're using.

NecessaryEvil, I'm not worried about making him mad and creative. The worse that can happen is his mommy calls me and tells me to stop picking on her little baby boy.

Marshmallows! :shock: Now you got me hungry!

This is gonna be a good one...
Cant wait to post some ideas, pics and drawings :!:

(Just kidding) :mrgreen:

i like the part about sending a part to the other guy that he has to use in someway. the ideas for that are endless pink grips, streamers, a cute white basket with flowers the list goes on and on. DING DING ROUND ONE!!!! and i have beer cans ready to toss at ya both :mrgreen:

If I have to choose a side, I choose Stretch. Chainy, you're a good guy in my book, but a kid his age that prefers wrenching in the garage rather than pushing buttons on a video game controller is something special. But I'm sure both bikes are gonna be pretty sweet. 8) When are you guys gonna post the before pics?

thanks everyone for the comments, an that means a lot to me necessaryevil. :mrgreen: an you better watch out old man. dont throw out your hip tryin to cut them frames up. oh an i have an idea to help you with the build. how bout a cane? :p ima gonna do more than get my mom. ill bring my two 9 irons. an my favorite show is spongebob, not dora. :roll:

on a bit of a serious side, my idea was to use two cantilever frames, an 80s schwinn frame, and a similar yeared huffy frame, a set of 26" wheels with a stripped out back axle, and a bunch of varsity sprockets ive been accumilating (and throw in some extra tubing to make it all work). ill get a sketch done once i get my sketchbook back(art assignment done in there) :D

Just like the good 'ol rick flair days...Wait, well at least one of ya should remember.

Seriously, this is the start of a new RRB trend

Awesome idea - and frikkin' hilarious, guys! :lol:
Can't wait to see where this one goes -

Latest posts

Back