Street skinny cruiser thread!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michfel said:
Budget skinny!
P1030300.jpg
P1030302.jpg

Nothing better than a black out! Sleek, fast and underrated! Great build!

Here is a crumby pic of my skinny bike, 66 Schwinn Collegiate, painted Smoke grey with 700c coaster brake rims wrapped in 700x40c electra cream tires.
IMAG0431.jpg

Here is a better pic of my skinny wheeled bikes. My Collegiate and my wife's 67 Murray
IMAG0530-picsay.jpg

IMAG0533-picsay.jpg

I just picked this up out of a barn. It was covered in at least an INCH of nasty goodness. Took me two hours to clean it up and I was amazed at what I found underneath the funk. The handle bars were bent, but I happened to have a spare pair laying around. Tires are a little dry rotted but the tubes have now held air for two weeks!
I'm going to hold onto it for my daughter, she is still too small to ride it, but she has been helping me with it since I brought it home, and has an emotional connection with it already.

381780_2551110053348_1121769160_4095049_643402347_n.jpg

chepe13 said:
Here is a crumby pic of my skinny bike, 66 Schwinn Collegiate, painted Smoke grey with 700c coaster brake rims wrapped in 700x40c electra cream tires.
IMAG0431.jpg

Your bike looks great; did it have s-6 rims originally? (26x1 3/8, schwinn size, aka 597mm?) I'm thinking about building up a collegiate or a speedster or somesuch as a commuter-type bike, but i'd need to fit 700c wheels with at least a 35mm tire. Fork'll likely get swapped, but I need to know if i can shoehorn 'em between the stays...

thanks.
-rob

Bicycle808 said:
chepe13 said:
IMAG0431.jpg

Your bike looks great; did it have s-6 rims originally? (26x1 3/8, schwinn size, aka 597mm?) I'm thinking about building up a collegiate or a speedster or somesuch as a commuter-type bike, but i'd need to fit 700c wheels with at least a 35mm tire. fork'll likely get swapped, but I need to know if i can shoehorn 'em between the stays...

thanks.
-rob
Hey thanks,
Yes the bike did originally came with the s-6's.
I didn't have to swap out the front fork and I have good clearance. As far as the rear i have to halfway deflate the tire to squeeze it in past the welded in kickstand housing, and then I pump it up.But that is with a 700x40c tire.

Heres a couple Ive been workin on lately...One is a 50's JC Higgins step through with 700 Deep V wheels with a flip flop hub.The other is a O.P. aluminum girs cruiser with 700 Bontrager wheels with a fixed hub. 8) :mrgreen:
camera-Sophia9.jpg
camera-Sophia6.jpg
camera-Sophia10-1.jpg
fixiecruiser1.jpg
fixiecruiser2.jpg

Latest posts

Back