Stove-bolt Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just want to start by saying you guys and gals rock, truly. Each build off, you manage to raise the bar higher and higher by building some of the cleanest, wildest, righteous rides on the planet! This is the best I could do to keep up with you.:wink:
Before
schwinn3spd.jpg

and after
8.jpg

14.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

22.jpg

17.jpg

Took the 'special downtown for the graffiti-wall pics, and ran into some of the local artists. It was a total hit with them, with offers made on the spot :lol: I kindly explained that I was just there to shoot some pics for the contest, and 1 guy was really into it, so he now has the website address.(if you're reading this thanks for the props!)

The car in the pics is a beautiful 1929 Model A, used with permission of the owner K. Kearns.

Hidden within the tank are the speakers for the ipod. The speakers are a coneless design, and use the tin's resonance to produce the vibration/sound. As we were eating supper on a restauraunt patio, I had the music playing, and pedestrians were doing double takes, because they couldn't see any speakers :p
The finned battery box behind the chainring is all thats left of the 2 million candlepower rechargable flashlight I dismantled to power the headlight. :idea:
Parts kept from original bike=frame, wheels n tires. Total cost, project bike $50-60 bucks,3 cans of aerosol,$ 21,mr horsepower and moon decal $5,book binder with mp3 speakers $10. Total project cost less than $100.
For more pics, photobucket album link here;http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd132/rick74304/rrbbo/
Build thread here; http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16144
Good luck to everyone entered, hope you liked it.
Rick

vibr8shun said:
Now thats a serious headlight, love the I-pod idea! great job :D
Hey Vibra8shun, glad someone digs the ipod. I know it's not exactly ratty, but this was the place where I saw my 1st huffy radio bike posted, and I thought it was just too cool an idea to let fade away.
It's Ironic that you should mention it, because when the volumes up high, you can feel the "vibrations" anywhere you touch the bike :wink:
Rick

herr_rudolf said:
Yeah! Cool bike. Ofcourse you get props from creative people. They have an eye for visually interesting things. That headlight is TOO MUCH. In a good way ofcourse.

Well done!

Thanks Rudolph, the guy was so taken with it, he offered me a ridiculous amount of money. I turned him down as gently as I could, and he then asked if I would consider building one for him. His friend kept asking if he could take it for a spin.
Anyone else get the same reactions when they take their customs out? I know there are very few custom builders here considering the size of the city (or they're hiding very well)
Rick

mikek said:
Excellent! Really like the tank. Your color combination is oustanding.
Thanks Mike, the paint was one of the more difficult aspects of the build. Ottawa's been getting record amounts of rain in the last month which made getting it to cure a pain.
The rims turned out pretty good for a 1st attempt, the frame, well, it's flat black :wink: . The tank was the worst for some reason. The off-white I chose turned out to be appliance almond. If you've never used appliance paint, don't unless you have to! It doesn't behave at all like a regular rattlecan, and because of its properties, I had to put the black pinstriping on the tank.
I had wanted to teach myself how to pinstripe, but delays in the build meant there simply wasn't time to do it all. Hopefully by the next b.o. i'll learn how.
Rick

JoeyMac said:
a lot of cool ideas on this one, and it comes together as one classy looking ride. :)
Thanks Joey, this is my 1st build with a bent seatpost, never knew how comfortable they made the ride!
Just finished taking a look at your "Diesel", wikked transformation, :mrgreen: that front end swap along with the tank really brought that frame to life.
Rick

Latest posts

Back