Stolen-Update 7/6/2012

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One week today. Still mourning my loss.

Not one clue of evidence that any bikes or pedal cars survived or been recovered.

Checking CL everyday including Sac, SF Bay Area and LA.

Called Sac PD to find out where recovered stolen bikes are kept. Although bikes in the evidence room are not viewable while a theft case is pending. That could take years!

Sac PD won't let anyone inspect the stolen bikes without a Police report from the issuing agency which is California Highway Patrol. The CHP report takes 7 to 10 days to process. Still waiting...

The police do not have any descriptions of the stolen property or are they interested in having any so if they recover anything they won't know who it belongs to or if its stolen.

Spent a couple of hours cruising the hood around where my truck and trailer were recovered to no avail.

Pretty much beat into submission at this point.

The moral of this story is never let yourself be put in a position to have anything taken from you!

Protect your family, your property, and your life anyway you can from the evil and scum among us.

Man your police department needs some good cops. Maybe taking in a dozen doughnuts would get them motivated but I doubt it.

Seeing those pics ..is heart breaking Here's my idea
check with auto dismantlers or juck yards, say your' looking for a part [same year and make as you're truck] maybe you're will show up for parts
[its' harsh reality] or check out of state CL's and recycle yards [scrap metal kind]. just some ideas to help with the seach, good luck I hope you find -all ,some or at least something to get police to break up that ring and put those scumbags away! ggggrrrrrr! :eek: :x

dang! that really suck and im sorry for your loss. nothing worse than those who are to scared to do an honest days work but will take from those who do! :x
ill be keeping an eye out north of you and have let my friends in corning,redding,paradise,oroville,marysville,chico,and some of the po-dunks in between to keep an eye out for anything that stands out(easiest way to put it with your builds...i mean that in a good way!)...
hope you get them back or at least get a crack at whoever got them!
best of luck and hope they all come home!

Dude, Sorry to hear if your loss, we are having a swap meet here in just a few weeks I'll watch for Cool bikes like this in the Mid West.
If your truck was found in de hood and it's been this long, look at the scapers. Sorry to say that but it's there or the border. Metal is money and some don't care where they get it.

KC so-cal said:
I WILL KEEP MY EYES OPEN HERE IN SO-CAL. I BET THIS RAT ROD FAMILY HERE WILL FIND THEM BEFORE THE COPS DO!!!
That would not surprise me a bit considering the attitude of the police. :roll:

The Jersey Devils will keep an eye out in Philly/Jersey...It's not likely, but you never know.

I live half way between S.F and Sacramento, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Those are unique bikes, so they'll be tough to move.

Have you contacted local scrap yards, and provided pictures and case number?

clerkkent said:
if someone should see them, what is the number to call? officer # / case #?
I'd say call the local police and show them a copy of this post.

clerkkent said:
Was there ever any update on this - hopefully good news?

I just saw Ray at the Shiny Side Up bike show, and there has been no type of recovery or good news.

The worst part is that he's so bummed, that he's not into building right now. We may have lost one of my most admired builders for a while. I love his work, as I know many others do, and he's just... demoralized.

We talked for while, but he's just totally bummed still.

Latest posts

Back