Stock Isn't- FINISHED Heritagevillage/downtown pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stock Isn't- Headbadge and Mystery Rod

Got up early this morning to grease the bearings and build the pedals. Not so NOS now I guess.
6ureda2a.jpg

You beeing in Florida, probably riding the trails, is this rod to fight off rabid Racoons, Aligators and those Florida Pythons. Use the forked end to catch Diamondback rattle snakes?
panelman said:
Some more work tonight, The pedals, Seatpost and mystery rod are all blacked out. Also Painted the headbadge on tonight, I forgot to get pics of it finished up but will have them tomorrow.
Heres a few shots from today:
IMG_0666_zps94ef4555.jpg

IMG_0667_zpsca5eebba.jpg

Heres the mystery rod all painted, anyone got any ideas what it may be for??
IMG_0670_zps803a7c68.jpg

IMG_0671_zpsfbcef90d.jpg

Is it some sort of kickstand?

Your attempt to throw us off by only showing part of it is not working.
It is obviously one part of a flux capacitor. It is your plan to take the bike back to November 12, 1955.

Busted.

loadside62 said:
You beeing in Florida, probably riding the trails, is this rod to fight off rabid Racoons, Aligators and those Florida Pythons. Use the forked end to catch Diamondback rattle snakes?
panelman said:
Some more work tonight, The pedals, Seatpost and mystery rod are all blacked out. Also Painted the headbadge on tonight, I forgot to get pics of it finished up but will have them tomorrow.
Heres a few shots from today:

Heres the mystery rod all painted, anyone got any ideas what it may be for??

Introducing my Dad, Who has been instrumental in getting this built. A very good sounding board for all my crazy ideas and sometimes(most of the time) coming back with crazier ideas. Also the man behind the camera when Im in the picture.

So no the rod is not for racoons and alligators or snakes. Its for people that get too close and think they should recommend better ways of doing it. :wink:

kingfish254 said:
Is it some sort of kickstand?
[/quote]

You are exactly right it is the "Kick Stand" ! I'll Post a couple photos of it in action tonight!!

The Renaissance Man said:
Your attempt to throw us off by only showing part of it is not working.
It is obviously one part of a flux capacitor. It is your plan to take the bike back to November 12, 1955.

Busted.
[/quote]

Actually I intended to show the whole rod. When I got home last night and was uploading the pics, I realized I didn't take a complete shot of it.
But you are also correct it is part f the flux capacitor.

Re: Stock Isn't- FINISHED PIC HEAVY!!!

Congrats on finishing!!!
This bike is a work of art!
Those stealth fender braces are genius!
The way you blended all of the metal work together is masterful.
A kickstand that runs the length of the frame and somehow looks like it belongs there is bizarro cool!!
I am so glad that I followed this build thread. If I was seeing the build for the first time I would know that it looks awesome, but I wouldn't know what went into getting there.
B R A V O !!!!!

Re: Stock Isn't- FINISHED PIC HEAVY!!!

Thanks, Kingfish. Spent many many hours on that kick stand. It took my Dad and I nearly 6 hours with the torch, clamps and channel locks just to bend it. We then spent probably another 5 hours working out the feet and angles for it. Almost scrapped the whole idea Monday night when after 2 hours there were more questions than answers. Tuesday was a new day and fresh minds got it figured out. I could write an entire page on the troubles and trials that went into that one piece of this bike. But at the end I couldn't be happier with the way it worked out.

erichitscar said:
Absolutely beautiful! Great job! it's stunning.

Thank you

Machine Age Victim said:
Great paint, love the pin striping! I've always been a fan of black spokes and rim with chrome or brass spokes.

Thanks, The nipples just pop out of there.

Took for a break in ride today. Saw some of the downtown parks and some dolphin watching.
IMG_0732_zps7afbccc7.jpg

IMG_0733_zps33460031.jpg

IMG_0738_zps7c1575ea.jpg

IMG_0741_zpsfd2e65f3.jpg

IMG_0739_zps638ff384.jpg

Scratched A pedal to take this Shot

IMG_0742_zps1b6e3cf2.jpg

IMG_0746_zpse7bea229.jpg

IMG_0748_zpsd5518df8.jpg

Love it! Don't know if you can call it a RAT it too dang pretty! Building a custom is hard enough but to build one that looks like it came from the factory that way is next to impossible! Most of us don't possess the sense of style and the understanding of functionality to pull off both.

incredible!!!!!!! the paint is perfect! just awesome

This is my first build off. Going with Stock Isn't because well it Isn't good enough or cool enough, and definitely not fun enough. I have lots of little changes I plan to make but still giving it a classic look. We will see how it all comes out. Looking forward to lots of fun!!
Here is what I have so far: sweet ride Murrays are my faverate
IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0592_zps78fd4285.jpg

Latest posts

Back