Stillfast Triple

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are some renderings I found cruising the internet. I take no credit for the design of this bike! If anyone knows who the designer is please let me know... the renderings were in a few different spots online with no designer mentioned

CruiserF34-screen.jpg

CruiserR34-screen.jpg

CruiserSide-screen.jpg

I am going to have to get creative to make it work... notice; no dropouts, caliper mounts, or logical function to the handlebars and headset. I do think I have most of the details worked out in my head so I'm ready to start bending some tubing! I'm starting with a large road frame to keep the correct geometry and also an approximate size for me.

IMGP7546.jpg

The challenge will be figuring out what tubes to cut out and what to weld in... and in what order to make the whole puzzle work.

IMGP7622.jpg

This is the wheel I had built up just waiting for a project. A Sears 3 speed... I always wanted a 3 speed to bomb around town.

IMGP6835.jpg

What a killer idea gonna be one fine ride look forward to seeing it done up

I really like that. I might have an idea on how to track down the desinger.

Make sure there is some arc to that middle tube that goes from front to back

I know the slight arc in the lower tube would provide some stiffness when combined with the seat supports but I'll have to see what looks good. The bend is so slight on the rendering! Anyway, heres my metal so as soon as I get my welder back from the current job I'll be ready to go!

IMGP7625.jpg

im a bicycle concept collector monster- I have gigs of images.

Its very cool that your going to build this thing. If you were able to get ahold of the designer, he might be able to give some insight?

i was thinking the other way around. you can give the designer some insight. 8)

Started cutting and pasting today! put in a temporary stabilizer and cut out the downtube.

IMGP7750.jpg

Got the lower bars rolled and tacked into place.

IMGP7751.jpg

Also did some rolling of the other tubes. the small tubing I actually bent around a 16" rim.

IMGP7753.jpg

Hope to get some more progress on this later tonight. I'm trying to finish this one in time for the Flagstaff Hullabaloo on June 4th

i like it, very cool. btw, you know the cops are watching you from across the street? :mrgreen:

Sorry for a lack of pictures through this part of the process but I was on a roll! I have the frame all tacked together and it looks great! I may have to move the long stays up to rest alongside the seat stays as the seat is kind of bouncy right now. those round tubes are acting like leaf springs. or I may add another small bar to stiffen it up. also need to add the brake support on the rear and add some gussets to keep everything solid before final welding. I can't wait to finish this one!

IMGP7765.jpg

IMGP7766.jpg

IMGP7767.jpg

IMGP7768.jpg

Decided to take a break from welding and grinding so I did a little digging through the parts bins and found some pieces that will look good on this bike! A few got detailed red to match the wheel. I think they will stand out really nicely with the purple metal flake paint that I'm going to use.

IMGP7774.jpg

IMGP7775.jpg

IMGP7776.jpg

Latest posts

Back