Stealth Schwinn B-2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, this is my first cruiser rat attempt. I built it during the RRBBO2 but never got around to joining the site till now. It rides straight, fast and smooth. I would like to eventually get a 8 speed internal hub setup for it to make it look cleaner. I love the horn and people always smile when they hear an old electric bike horn blasting by. Hope you like it.

It started as a Schwinn 5 star cruiser.
DSC06582.jpg

Then it turned into the Stealth Schwinn B-2. My girlfriend didn't believe me that it was the same bike!
DSC09686.jpg

DSC09690.jpg

DSC09698.jpg

DSC09699.jpg

What kind of paint? Looks great. I'm glad you didn't enter it, I would've lost the one vote I got!! :lol: :lol:

slacker said:
Did you weld brake tabs on the front fork, or it that some sort of adapter?
cman said:
Very Cool build. Please post closeups of the disc brake setups.

I took some pictures of the brake mounts for you guys. I started by cutting off the cantilever posts. Smoothed the right one all the way off and left enough of the left post on to drill out for the cable guide.

DSC09708.jpg

DSC09707.jpg

I made the brake adapters out of a 1/4" thick sheet of steel from an old desk drawer that I had laying around. I cut them out with a hacksaw and smoothed them out with a rotary tool.

DSC09709.jpg

DSC09710.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
I cant pick it up on my radar. Where did you get those wheels? those are freeeakin awesome

The wheels are off of my '06 Norco Ryde. Norco originally spec'd the bike with Sun Ringle S-Type rims but they decided to go with the stronger MTX wheels instead. http://www.norco.com/2006bikes/bike...oc=fs&sloc=sx&tabloc=1&id=ryde&col=matteblack I upgraded the fork and wheels on the Norco which meant I needed a new wheelset. So the Sun Ringle MTX wheelset needed a new home. I guess they aren't being used for what they were built for but I agree they are freekin' awesome.

ej599 said:
What kind of paint? Looks great. I'm glad you didn't enter it, I would've lost the one vote I got!! :lol: :lol:
The paint I used was Krylon matt black. I have used it in the past on an MTB I built up. It holds up well to abuse and sprays on evenly with very little chance of running.

ratina said:
Did you cut the seatpost tube down to slam the seat against the frame? It looks awesome

I had pictures of how I did this somewhere but I can't find them. I chopped off the seat clamp from the frame but I left the seat tube intact. I made a larger seat post clamp for the saddle innards and clamped that direct to the seat tube of the frame to make the seat flow with the frame lines. So there is now no way to adjust the seat height. :D

Thanks for all the compliments and questions!

Definately a VAST improvement over the stock look! 8) 8) And being stealth you can get away from the girlfriend when needed! :wink:
L8 EM

wow.....this is freaking awesome....NICE build! Wait..where did it go??? LOL. all kidding aside....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

TwistyMcFisty said:
What is the tank made from? Looks factory......can you buy those? Great lookin' bike!

Yeah, I'm building an actual tank to hold fuel for my Schwinn project. I would love to get my hands on that tank or something similar and widen it.

TwistyMcFisty said:
What is the tank made from? Looks factory......can you buy those? Great lookin' bike!

Thanks! The tank is made of steel, it's from a 1960's Schwinn Jaguar. You can sometimes find the tanks on ebay but they are usually the reproduction tanks.

B-2 Bombing Run

My friend sent some cellphone pics. He took these last year on the B-2's maiden flight. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm, the B-2 is scheduled for a spring bombing run to the park to feed some ducks.

b-2.jpg

b-25.jpg

b-24.jpg

Latest posts

Back