BO15 Star Chaser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right. I've been here for 14 years and - to my shame - have never yet entered a Build Off. A couple of years ago I started assembling a bunch of parts to build a trike which had appeared to me in a dream. But then I missed the boat on that year's build and now here we are. So the trike is inspired by front engined drag racing rails and interstellar space travel. What I'm missing is welding skills, but hopefully I'll pick those up as we go along .. pics to follow.

Yeah, I’m picking up a little bit on the mad part. But hey, no shame! It’s a bike forum! I love front engined dragsters and interstellar space travel is okay, I guess, so by all means participate. The Lord only knows what’s coming down the pike next to interfere with our bicycle obsessions.

furyus

interstellar space travel is okay, I guess
furyus

9804d98c6b6a994110ccc1e1ce6d9a9d.jpg

:banana::dance2::banana:

Right. I've been here for 14 years and - to my shame - have never yet entered a Build Off. A couple of years ago I started assembling a bunch of parts to build a trike which had appeared to me in a dream. But then I missed the boat on that year's build and now here we are. So the trike is inspired by front engined drag racing rails and interstellar space travel. What I'm missing is welding skills, but hopefully I'll pick those up as we go along .. pics to follow.
That sounds inspired , just remember nobody was born with a welding torch in their hand . And I'm not a welder , I have a welder ...I'm a guy with a welder that has a lot of welding to do , It will come, until that point there is grinders and filler .

Welcome to the fun after all these years.

DSC_0463.JPG
DSC_0465.JPG
DSC_0466.JPG
DSC_0464.JPG

26" fat rim laced to a fat coaster hub. Surly tyre. Vintage Italian stationary bike with flywheel. Cycle Speedway handlebar. Front end off a kids trike. Hubs rebuilt with skinny 20" x 1 3/8 rims.

So the question is, how do I incorporate the workings of the stationary bike? I imagine a wheelie bar. I also imagine a mechanism that would allow me to drop the wheelie bar do I can pedal the flywheel up to speed and then drop the 'clutch' to use the flywheel to aid acceleration. Also I need to decide on seat placement. Low in front of the rear wheel for appearance or further back (on top of the rear wheel) to move the c of g back for wheelies. Wheelies are key.

Anyway, where's that hacksaw?!

Attachments

• DSC_0467.JPG
    DSC_0467.JPG
    737.2 KB · Views: 108
That has a sick Big Daddy rail dragster feel to it to far!!!!

That sounds inspired , just remember nobody was born with a welding torch in their hand . And I'm not a welder , I have a welder ...I'm a guy with a welder that has a lot of welding to do , It will come, until that point there is grinders and filler .
At least your not still burning holes like myself . I handed the torch over a long time ago .

Latest posts

Back