• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Springer Fork (Paintable - not chrome)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am selling a Springer Fork for a 26 inch wheel. I cannot use it with my current frame; I've had it in storage for years, no rust whatsoever, practically new (since I haven't been able to use it). It was black when purchased, I have painted it red - before I found out it wouldn't fit. I'm listing measurements and details below, so you won't make the same mistake I did.

>For 26 inch wheel.
>Head tube is standard 1 inch diameter.
>Head tube is 6 & 1/8th inches long - from bottom bearing race to the top,
and threaded 1 & 1/8th inches down from top.
>Has mounts for V-brakes, and I HAVE the V-brakes and they are
included in the price. I'm throwing them in too.
>It has never been chrome - it was black when new. It is easy to paint the color of your choice. I have red Duplicolor on it now.

$ELLING PRICE: Only $30 plus cost of shipping, or you can save on shipping and pick it up in Indianapolis if you live close by. Price is firm (and already low).
- If I am shipping it - please pay by Post Office money order or Western Union money order. Upon agreement I will need your address, of course. I have a box ready to pack it in. If picking up locally, you may use cash. I can calculate your shipping; just let me know which carrier you wish to use and I will try to find out what they'll charge.

Please no lowballers. I'm in no great hurry to sell. Just trying to make a bit of change while making space in the shed. Thank you much for looking. Feel free to tell anyone you think might be looking for a springer fork.

LET ME KNOW that you are interested by replying here. You may also PM me if you prefer. I will be posting in this thread here if somebody has expressed interest and agreed on the price AND will post separately for when it has been sold.
20160924_153402_01.jpg 20160924_153840_01.jpg 20160930_220121_3_1.jpg

Last edited:
Picture didn't come through as far as I can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am selling a Springer Fork for a 26 inch wheel. I cannot use it with my current frame; I've had it in storage for years, no rust whatsoever, practically new (since I haven't been able to use it). It was black when purchased, I have painted it red - before I found out it wouldn't fit. I'm listing measurements and details below, so you won't make the same mistake I did.

>For 26 inch wheel.
>Head tube is standard 1 inch diameter.
>Head tube is 6 & 1/8th inches long - from bottom bearing race to the top,
and threaded 1 & 1/8th inches down from top.
>Has mounts for V-brakes, and I HAVE the V-brakes and they are
included in the price. I'm throwing them in too.
>It has never been chrome - it was black when new. It is easy to paint the color of your choice. I have red Duplicolor on it now.

$ELLING PRICE: Only $30 plus cost of shipping, or you can save on shipping and pick it up in Indianapolis if you live close by. Price is firm (and already low).
- If I am shipping it - please pay by Post Office money order or Western Union money order. Upon agreement I will need your address, of course. I have a box ready to pack it in. If picking up locally, you may use cash. I can calculate your shipping; just let me know which carrier you wish to use and I will try to find out what they'll charge.

Please no lowballers. I'm in no great hurry to sell. Just trying to make a bit of change while making space in the shed. Thank you much for looking. Feel free to tell anyone you think might be looking for a springer fork.

LET ME KNOW that you are interested by replying here. You may also PM me if you prefer. I will be posting in this thread here if somebody has expressed interest and agreed on the price AND will post separately for when it has been sold.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Yup image link not work on mobile. Try the upload file option .. glws

Yup image link not work on mobile. Try the upload file option .. glws
I tried the upload file. Should be working now I think.

PSA: don't know if I mentioned - please be sure you have measured your head tube AND your headset spacers and locknut before you buy. Buying this fork and coming up short would suck.

I'll take it, pls pm total price including shipping to Ca 95018, thanks :)
I hadn't heard anything since the PM I sent. I thought I should check and see if you were still interested? Hope I haven't caught you at a busy time.

Still available?
Yes, still available. I'm trying to reach biggraham since he expressed interest, but I think he may have either lost interest or he might be busy and everyday stuff got in the way. But I try to let people know - the fork goes to whomever sends me money first.
If you're interested also, feel free to PM me with your zip code and I can send you a shipping quote. So far, UPS has been the cheapest everywhere, but if you prefer a different carrier, let me know.

BUMP: still available, but a few have expressed interest. No payment arrangements have been made yet.

Got all the head set pieces and bearings

You'll need top and bottom bearings, and washers and top nut. But they're all standard 1" and easy to come by. I'm selling just what is in the picture. That's all it came with when I bought it originally. I'm afraid I do not currently have any extra head set fixtures to add in. Sorry.

UPDATE/HEADS-UP: a friend on a different forum has requested my address to mail a money order, including the shipping cost for his zip. I will be updating this thread when I receive it.

UPDATE: this springer fork has been sold. Thanks go out to all who've looked and possibly helped spread the word.
~ KvK

Latest posts

Back