Sportsman Electraflyer Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently built this bike up. It has a longer rear frame triangle than my earlier electric bikes and has an updated engine case. As before the electric motor is hidden inside the fabricated v-twin crank case, making this a mid-drive electric. The 52v 30 ah battery is located in the gas tank and the controller is hidden in the tool box behind the seat post. Tires are 3" wide and the raw finish aluminum fenders are ribbed and ducktailed similar to early Triumph motorcycles. Front fork is a springer with internal compression and rebound springs and brass pistons. 42 mph top speed and disc brakes to haul it back down. It's an absolute blast to ride around!

Sportsman Electraflyer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Sportsman Electraflyer Cruiser by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

That much battery fits in the "gas tank"?—that's awesome! Bike is also beautiful!

Very nice...the longer wheel base looks great! And those forks are awesome :)
Did you do the fenders yourself? Do you know of an online resource where I could get a few ideas on how to make fenders?

Hi guys,
Thanks for checking out my thread. Gas tank is pretty wide to fit the battery. It barely fits. Same with the controller, just barely. I built most of the components like frame, forks, tank and tool box, but did not form the fenders. Too specialized for my small shop. They come from the motorcycle world.

Battery fit. It was a tight fit for sure.

New Battery by Pat Dolan, on Flickr

Picture of the "engine" before install.

Pat

Latest posts

Back