• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Speedway Special Boys Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2482.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2488.JPG Bikes in good condition - $450 pick up in San Diego or pay for shipping. PM for discussion and more information.

Wow, I’d love to bring that bike back to Seattle.

You post in the Intro thread and tell us a little about yourself .
Hello everyone - I'm new to the bike collectors game as I stumbled onto a garage of antique bikes and thought it would be a fun business adventure. Since then I've sold 20 of the 22 bikes I bought and have learned a ton about bikes and met a lot of really cool guys who have been a ton a help. I'm down to the one bike ((I think I'm keeping a women's Elgin that I've fallin in love with) and some great parts and have enjoyed the ride. I love the care that people take with creating the bikes of their dreams and I hope that if I have that part that gets their bike to a more completed stage or if they just like the neon sign! A man in my neighbor hood turned me on to rrodbikes and I'm glad I checked it out. I'm a professor and a retired professional volleyball player (sand) and I'm glad to be on your forum.

In Coronado today. Chain ring looks to be mis-matched, and a desireable Fauber Special at that. Sometimes f/s bottom brackets are valuable, but your bike might not have such.

I have not figured out how to get the Fauber cranks off my own camelback, but a heat torch might be necessary.

I don't know Speedwell from Speedway.

Last edited:
In Coronado today. Chain ring looks to be mis-matched, and a desireable Fauber Special at that. Sometimes f/s bottom brackets are valuable, but your bike might not have such.

I have not figured out how to get the Fauber cranks off my own camelback, but a heat torch might be necessary.

I don't know Speedwell from Speedway.
Ended up parting this bike out and made a nice chunk... super easy to get the crank off, took 10 minutes and just have wheels and handlebars left. Fun project either way.

Latest posts

Back