Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I entered once before into I believe it was build off 7 with my basman and I never got to finish it as I sold the dang thing. Now Im coming in a bit late with hopes of finishing and keeping this baby. My idea is just going to be a very fast stretched recumbent trike. Maybe a quadcycle if I can get the front end sorted. Here is a sneak peak of my stock pile. I have 2 trikke rear ends (one being on a complete torker trike). The other has a multi speed cassette on it but is stuck. An old home built recumbent I picked up off of craigslist a while back and have never done anything with. A bunch of exerciser parts including a reduction gear set up. Lets build !!

Last edited:
Welcome back to the madness!

Well I entered once before into I believe it was build off 7 with my basman and I never got to finish it as I sold the dang thing. Now Im coming in a bit late with hopes of finishing and keeping this baby. My idea is just going to be a very fast stretched recumbent trike. Maybe a quadcycle if I can get the front end sorted. Here is a sneak peak of my stock pile. I have 2 trikke rear ends (one being on a complete torker trike). The other has a multi speed cassette on it but is stuck. An old home built recumbent I picked up off of craigslist a while back and have never done anything with. A bunch of exerciser parts including a reduction gear set up. Lets build !!
Yes! Looking forward to the build, this is going to be cool!

Luke.

Well I just found the perfect candidate for the stretch job at my local bike co-op it is another trike well partial. Its missing the rear hub front wheel and minor pieces but has the characteristics im looking for to chop. Pictures will be up soon and it will be rolling. I still might use some stuff from my parts pile but the torker is safe for now.

Heres the victim. I plan on docking the seat post and gusset then stretching the frame about 2-2.5 feet directly behind that area. Im going to be reusing the seat pan and making a different mounting set up. Still trying to figure out what to do for steering. Also got to find a hub I wish I could get the bendix 2 speed yellowband trike hub they had at the co-op but they didnt want to sell it -_-. Ill be making brackets for the reduction gear. I decided I want this thing ratty and very mechanical. The new stuff I had looked tooo new if you get what I mean. This will be a monster ;);):D

Started dis-assembly, docking the seat post, its gusset as well as the tab for the chain guard. I also chopped the frame behind that area to begin stretching. I started messing around with mock up with a piece of old chainlink fence pipe I have. I kind of like this look, hmmm streamliner meets burrito??? :D:D

Latest posts

Back