SPEED RACER (it's a done bike!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
seen all the cool bikes being built. desided to join the fun! hope I am not to late to play?

here is the frame I think I will use. 1993 BALANCE BMX. just tired of building stingrays and gas tank cruisers. so wanted some thing you dont see every day.
coolstuff714.jpg

some of the parts I may use. :| but not sure on some parts.
coolstuff715.jpg

I am thinking of calling it Speed Race or silver rust bucket. the colors are chrome,silver, rust and black its will be a 3speed 20" bike so much for slow rider :lol:

Re: SPEED RACER

Red and white with a #5?..........Have fun!

dang cant find a 20 X 1 3/4 slick tire for the 3 speed rim. but got the forks on it and cranks. but may have to change the crank arms to shorter ones. pedals may scrape ground. still undesided on seat to use. need to cut the fenders to fit frame and fork. :roll: but its slowly geting there this is all I did so fare as mock up go's.

Ratrodbike001.jpg

Ratrodbike002.jpg

i like it.
gonna keep a close eye on this one 8)

nice frame. this is going to be one sic bike. i like it. will be watching this one. so far my fav one. get er done. :mrgreen:

Outlaw :)

it's geting there. the vishion for this build is picture a kid taging a long with dad. to the junk yard to snag car parts. for the hot rod dad is building at home. kid ask dad when can he have a hot rod. well your not old enuff to drive a car. but if if you find the right parts here. I can help you build a hot bike to ride! so thats the Ida behind the silver rust bucket. used parts thrown together to make a cool hot rod / rat rod inspierd bike. got the brake's on to day. the cable barly fit the cabel guids. it's a old left over shifter cabel from off a herts shifter. that I fieled down to fit the brake lever. the brake lever is a ACS off a old honda mine dirt bike.

Ratrodbike003.jpg

Ratrodbike004.jpg

got a new seat for it :lol: LOL well not new but it should look better. had to give it some TLC but it should work now.
sissy strought bolts wear so rusted I had to grind them off. the seat post mount clamp was gone on this SCHWINN PERSONS banana seat. but fixed that wilth some old seat guts and lots of grinding. then test fit. then grind some more :roll: I know would have been easyer to buy a new one. but I like this one you can get that look in a new one!
Ratrodbike010.jpg

Ratrodbike011.jpg

Ratrodbike012.jpg

got the seat redrilled and mounted. mad a angeled seat post out of some old three speed handelbars. seat is as low as I can get it. cut the back and frunt fender. still working on the mounting brackets for the fenders. I cant finish that till tires and tubs get here. then I can see what room I need/ have for clearance. but take a look. :D

Ratrodbike013.jpg

Ratrodbike019.jpg

rear
Ratrodbike014.jpg

Ratrodbike015.jpg

frunt
Ratrodbike017.jpg

Ratrodbike016.jpg

Ratrodbike018.jpg

Looking good! Hey, completely off subject but could you post a pic of that white bike in the background? I'm pretty sure I had one when I was a kid.

ROAD it around the block to day!!!!!!!! :D love it still need shifter for three speed and some small akcent parts but I LOVE MY BIKE

Ratrodbike020.jpg

the coolest part happened by axadent. the chain gaurd will not mount jut right. so the chain robs just a little and maks that sweet cool sound. like when we used to put a base ball card in are spokes. :lol:

Ratrodbike023.jpg

kick stand we dont need no stinken kick stand! :lol:
Ratrodbike022.jpg

Ratrodbike024.jpg

Ratrodbike025.jpg

Re: SPEED RACER (ROAD it around the block to day!!!!!!!!)

oh,yeah! that is smooth...i've often wondered what a springer would look like on a diamond/BMX frame.
i dig it the most 8)

Latest posts

Back