Spaceliner inspection today - Wish me luck!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the Secretary of State and a guy there said he never heard about people putting these 66cc/80cc engine kits on their bicycles to assemble mopeds, legally speaking. :lol: Since I don't have a VIN I guess my bike has to be inspected. I've been riding my Spaceliner illegally for about 2 years now and have counted a total of 14 cops pass me with no problems but I want more peace of mind when I zip around the city because I actually live out in the country and nobody really cares out here.

To make my bike legal, I had to configure a brake light, horn and mirror, so no big deal. The mirror is hidden below the left handlebar so don't try to look for it and Spaceliner frames are excellent for putting stuff in between all of the bars, like the horn as pictured in the top tubes right in front of the seat post tube. Making the brake light work was actually very easy -- I ran wires from the brake light into a 9-volt and then positioned the ends of the wires near each other at the hand brake when at rest. I had my bro solder the two wire ends to two springs from an old airsoft pistol I had, which offer the tension I need for them to always revert to their resting position. When the hand brake is pressed, the springs move closer to each other and when they contact, magic! Brake light turns on.

A police officer is coming over today to inspect all of this. I just hope he doesn't notice the torn up Brooks saddle. :lol: Haha, I'm curious to see what his reaction will be. I hope he doesn't deem it salvaged because that would hurt my self-esteem after building the bike from frame on up, LOL but I know it's not pretty. :wink:

5dqn.jpg

rpis.jpg

sqs.jpg

Glad you passed, that thing is cool! :D Your lucky to have good cops in town,mine are total...well... you know what :roll:

Latest posts

Back