Space Case Chopper

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by outskirtscustoms, Mar 4, 2012.

1. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
    It's been entirely too long since I built a bike so I figured I'd do something with my spaceliner.
    [​IMG]
    Got it scraped down to the chrome and threw a crutch sissy bar and nanner seat at it.
    [​IMG]
    Added an old guitar strap with the rubber crutch handle for back support and another roller blade allen bolt to hook it on. As well as a little embellishment.
    [​IMG]
    Pulled a little inspiration from the oldschool surfers with surfboards tied to the sissy bar of an old stingray, couldn't find any pictures of it but found this
    [​IMG]
    Well since I live in the middle of Indiana a surf board might seem out of place and a little hard to find so what does a surfer do when there's no waves? Sidewalk Surfing Still got to change the rear bolts, they are just there for mock up and it's snowing outside so I don't feel like running to the hardware store.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Also yes I got rid of the rubber stump on the crutch.
    Found this horseshoe thing at a yard sale last year and the other piece is from a broken knife I had. You can also see the beginning of my Radio flyer hot rod in the background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Excuse the mess, it's my man cave.
  3. Xcruiser

Xcruiser

0   0   0

That sissy bar is pure genius.Id think a guy would get blown over in a crosswind with a full size surfboard on the back of his bike lol!
  4. kingfish254

kingfish254 Check out my 60+ items FOR SALE on 3 Threads!!!! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

I love the baby skateboard you added and the sissy bar "embellishments".
    The next thing we need to see is video of you crankin' back on that wheelie bar!!!!!!! :p :shock:
  5. outskirtscustoms

outskirtscustoms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The wheelie bar is just for looks for now, It would go way to high before hitting ground. Need longer braces for that. I might just take the wheelie wheels off and add on an old Goldwing trunk I have laying around and make it into a luggage rack but that would be exact opposite of a "chopper" so I don't know yet. Also had an idea of another bike's front wheel bolting in there and make a tow rig out of it. Or there's the skateboard hauler, or maybe a NOS bottle.

Yes my mind goes a million directions at once.