SouthSideRollers Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank!Basti said:
Calm down guys. This was just a little project while looking at some parts on the garage floor. I do this stuff just for fun - not for competition. So go ahead - take my creation for some inspiration and build your trikes. Just show us what you got! :cool:

Cheers from over the pond.

Basti
Im a newb here...my names Mark by the way... well i was browsin around a month ago trying to get an idea of what style I was looking for... and I seen your trike :shock: within 1 week i picked up a trike and 3 OCC bikes lol today I stripped down the OCCs and was about to message you about what hubs I need to get. If you get a chance can you PM me or send me a link on what I need to do please. I also want to do one of those Ebay engine kits too.
any help would be appreciated! 8)

Hi Mark,

what Kind of trike do you have?

We just took the old donation trike apart and relaced the original hubs to the wide rims. For the front hub we used an old drumbrake rear hub without the gears - so it just rolls along and brakes. We decided for a rear hub because of the wide rims. A "normal" front hub has just 100mm width so have the rims. Our rear hub is 135mm wide and so there's enough clearance between fork and wheel.

Its a Miami Sun trike... pics below in the post:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29655

So reusing the original hubs from the trike is my best bet? Well cheapest and easiest Id think.

UPDATE: another thing is that the hubs on the Miami sun are 24... and fat ones are 20". Im not to farmilair how that would work with the spokes?

It almost looks like the spokes are NOT removable from the hubs?

Atleast I found a use for those Useless OOC chopper bikes now. lol

Latest posts

Back