SouthSideRollers Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this baby right here took a few test spins through the city of Nuremberg/Germany - so I thought it's time to show it:

The idea (just some parts thrown together and barely rollable):
2214841276_d539603b92_o.jpg

Because it's hard to find some good trike axles - we managed to find a donor trike
2214048469_27f59dac11_o.jpg

Many hours later and with the help of most of the SouthSideRollers-Custombike-Club peps - this is what it looks like right now:
2214838778_5dec66c14b_o.jpg

2214838602_448ba1b418_o.jpg

2214839050_39acf67669_o.jpg

2214838530_d39a0472ef_o.jpg

Thanks to the SouthSideRollers-Custombike-Club, especially to:
Ecki a.k.a Ecki.the.Mechanic - for lacing the wheels in "3-leading-3-trailing"
Stefan a.k.a. Outrage - for welding and many usefull tips
Dennis a.k.a. Dns da Mnc - for the donor trike
Dirk a.ka. Drk - for the help
Vinz a.k.a. Vinz - for tips, help and a lot of weird talk
all SouthSideRollers for the Support.

Future plans

After the EisbeinKruise in Hannover/Germany in two weeks the trike will be thrown apart and painted/powdercoated/dipped.
Stay tuned.

der Basti

sweet ride. like the big wheels. those rear wheels are monsters

You guys have the coolest custom bike scene in Germany :!: :!: :!:

Yeah, I gotta agree w/ Greenbean on this one. I just picked up a tandem and I'm gonna put a trike rear on it, but there is no way to compete w/ that monster trike. I really like it !!! My only hope is that since I'm a slow builder everyone will have forgotten about this one by the time mine is finished, (joking) :shock: :? 8)

Calm down guys. This was just a little project while looking at some parts on the garage floor. I do this stuff just for fun - not for competition. So go ahead - take my creation for some inspiration and build your trikes. Just show us what you got! :cool:

Cheers from over the pond.

Basti

Crank!Basti said:
Calm down guys. This was just a little project while looking at some parts on the garage floor. I do this stuff just for fun - not for competition. So go ahead - take my creation for some inspiration and build your trikes. Just show us what you got! :cool:

Cheers from over the pond.

Basti

looks good i like it. where are you gettin those fat rims from??? got a site to share or is it your LBS ?

That is some serious tricycle action you got going on there, how many lanes does it take up? LOL . It does look very comfortable, how is the gearing?

Latest posts

Back