SOUL CATCHER (final stretch!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SOUL CATCHER

mitchelangelo said:
looking good! On the headlight... a lot of builders are taking the guts out of led flashlights etc and mounting them in the old headlights. Check youtube for some cool ideas on that.
wish I could gut it but its a sealed beam old school .... cepek off road light. right now its my only option but keeping my eye out for something else I can use

Re: SOUL CATCHER

Not yet, if i keep it ive been thinking about either a 12 volt ride on toy battery or a emergancy lighting battery. I had a friend tell me that one of antique places around here has a Royce union bike light still in the box for 20 bucks. But everytime ive got a chance to stop by there they have been closed

Re: SOUL CATCHER (TANK MOCKUP)

Ive been tossing around a couple ideas tonight, thinking about doing them in cherry wood
heres the tank mockup
tankmoc.jpg

heres the cargo rack bracket mocked up
cargobracket.jpg

cargobox.jpg

Doesn't hurt to explore your options :wink: The shape of the rack support is cool 8) 8)

The cargo rack cutout looks just like the tank cutout.
Pretty cool!
Have Fun!

Re: SOUL CATCHER (TANK UPDATE)

Got some real work done today, I got the tank and cargo rack done today I ended up using some barn wood oak I had.
right side of the tank
tankred2.jpg

left side of the tank
tankred.jpg

tank and rack side shot
sc3.jpg

tank and rack
sc2.jpg

coffin shaped cargo rack
sc1.jpg

WOW!!!
That is VERY cool!!! Love the old aged rough sawn beam.

I really like the lines and continuity of the rack bracket!!!

nice work!!

Kingfish thats means alot coming from you. I had planned on the bracket going with the curve of the tire but decided it looked better shaped like the tank.I love working with rough cut lumber so I snag it anytime I can so I have a bunch laying around

Finally Broke down and bought some bare copper wire today at lowes ( the person working in the wire area didnt even know they sold bare copper wire) anyways now to figure out how Im going to use it on the bike

dragnusa said:
Finally Broke down and bought some bare copper wire today at lowes ( the person working in the wire area didnt even know they sold bare copper wire) anyways now to figure out how Im going to use it on the bike

Oh that kind of copper. :lol:

yoothgeye said:
dragnusa said:

Oh that kind of copper. :lol:
It was funny I asked the guy for bare copper wire like they use for lightening rods and he took me to the copper lightening rods, I said no I need the wire not the rods

Re: SOUL CATCHER (Copper Springs DONE)

I thought it needed something on the triple trees so I made some copper springs to cut up the chrome
Lighting in my shop aint great for taking pics but here they are
sccopper1.jpg

sccopper.jpg

Nice use of that wire. It should compliment the red too.

kingfish254 said:
Nice use of that wire. It should compliment the red too.
We will see tomorrow I got a little sidetracked roasting marshmallows tonight and didnt get finished till after dark

Love your use of the copper, and especially the "barn wood" looks great. Everything is complimenting each other! Have you tried some flipped handle bars on it, boardtracker style?

thanks everyone, actually I have been thinking of some different bars now but not to into the boardtracker look. thinking some kind of low rise bars with a cross bar

dragnusa said:
thanks everyone, actually I have been thinking of some different bars now but not to into the boardtracker look. thinking some kind of low rise bars with a cross bar
I like these bars. In my experience it makes for a pretty comfy set up. I'd maybe lower the stem for looks.

Latest posts

Back