Some signs I made...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not for sale at this point but I just wanted to show off some "artwork" I made for the garage and see how much if any interest there would be if I did start selling them. I could actually sublimate any image. I am also planning some trophies for this years build off. They are vintage ads sublimated on sheet aluminum and then mounted to piano finish panels.
83c40f7ec28b7bb40bb2b09a015d8b42.jpg
7a51de56d1a3ad96b17927948e6a2932.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think these would sell at the right price point.
And since you can sublimate any image, there's a custom standpoint too.

I think these would sell at the right price point.
And since you can sublimate any image, there's a custom standpoint too.

Sure!

I'm thinking about $20 each depending on size. There are other customizable options as well like the black panel and other wood grain panels. I can also do a silver, copper, gold, brass accent panel behind the sublimated image.

To me $20 seems reasonable, you can't get a repop sign at hobby lobby for that.

It's the process of transferring an image through heat and pressure.

Not for sale at this point but I just wanted to show off some "artwork" I made for the garage and see how much if any interest there would be if I did start selling them. I could actually sublimate any image. I am also planning some trophies for this years build off. They are vintage ads sublimated on sheet aluminum and then mounted to piano finish panels.
83c40f7ec28b7bb40bb2b09a015d8b42.jpg
7a51de56d1a3ad96b17927948e6a2932.jpg

Very cool but I would be concerned about patent infringement. Most companies that owned these images would probably not have a problem with you selling them but there is always a chance.

If I did do a production run. I probably would do Schwinn or any other company still in business.

Like I said more than likely not a problem especially low quantity custom stuff. BTW companies own all the trademarks for bikes even if the original companies went belly up some time ago. Someone or company still owns these trademarks.

Very cool. I do sublimation too. From signs to shirts, it's almost unlimited what can be done. A friend of mine does photography and then sublimates his photos on aluminum and gets $60 bucks apiece for them. $20 bucks for your signs in frames seems very reasonable. If they're 8 1/2 X 11 plus a frame I wouldn't charge less than that. Good luck.

Very cool but I would be concerned about patent infringement. Most companies that owned these images would probably not have a problem with you selling them but there is always a chance.

If you sell the frame for $20 bucks you can give the picture for free. No infringement there. I've done it, it's not illegal. A little shady, but not illegal. Just saying.

I've decided to not sell them but I am thinking I may give some away for build off prizes. With the winning bikes photos of corse.

Latest posts

Back