So I know it's a worksman but...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say it's 1990's. It's newer than mine, which I actually use at work, but not a whole lot newer. The "Business Cycle System" stickers indicate it could have been used as a rental/bike share bike. Something that was purchased for use in a commercial system like the downhill riding bikes used at some mountain resorts before the current crop of long-fork mountain bikes came along.

The sticker headbadge gives it away as a pretty recent model. They still make it, known as the INB frame or Industrial NewsBoy.

Worksman Cycle has a good site which if you poke around on it long enough you'll find their parts lists and price lists in PDF form, in case you need anything. They're super rugged bikes, weigh a ton and are virtually unbreakable. I carry tons of stuff on mine every day at work.

http://www.worksmancycles.com/

Have fun with it!

--Rob

Rob ~ I appreciate you taking the time to give me a little back ground on it. I am a big boy at 300+lbs and needed something "virtually unbreakable"! I got a *Brand new* 6 yr old Electra Classic (sat unused in my pops heated garage) about 2 weeks ago. I rode that today and had no problems so I am thinking an Industrial Job like the Worksman is bound to hold up...literally and figuratively!

I used to work at a chemical plant and they had Worksman bikes all over the place.
I need to give the plant a call and see if they have any that bit the dust.

i was just thinking about those worksman. maybe if we all got together and wrote or call them up they'll create a serial number list.

axsepul said:
i was just thinking about those worksman. maybe if we all got together and wrote or call them up they'll create a serial number list.

I'll try and give them a call tomorrow or see if there isn't one somewhere else out there before I do. But they seem mighty approachable so I imagine a call could help. Good idea, Ax.

i also have a worksman frame no idea what year it is, serial number is 9340 under the bottom bracket. here's the pic
5265323089_3b53ae19a7_z.jpg

It looks like someone ran into something with the orange bike, but it's not the fork crown where the bend is, it is in the tongs. It's only a slight bend, so you may not need to straighten it.

Wildcat said:
It looks like someone ran into something with the orange bike, but it's not the fork crown where the bend is, it is in the tongs. It's only a slight bend, so you may not need to straighten it.

I didnt know worksman bikes before I got this, and thought I thought it looked a little bent, I figured it was just their design. But you are right. If i tighten the whole front end all the way down the steering tightens up. If I tighten it the whole way and then loosen it back a quarter turn its fine. Maybe I'll go fork shopping for christmas

Latest posts

Back