"SNOT ROCKET" (done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "SNOT ROCKET"

Nice stance, awesome bars and I like the name you 'picked'! :p

Haven't done much in the last couple weeks. This weekend planning on extending steering tube, and fabricating the truss rods...............I'm kinda liking it "rusty", but I'll probably paint it. Seat's gotta be that height so I can ride it. So far it feels comfortable.

001-6.jpg

009-2.jpg

FINNALLY got a chance to do some work on this thing. Front is done. Frame has been "blasted".Truss rods are made from 5/16 cold rolled steel bar stock, with an acorn nut welded to one end and a 1/4 inch steel washer welded to the other end. Still have to do some minor body work,then PAINT......................March 1st.....we'll see.

001-13.jpg

004-1.jpg

003.jpg

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT!.........I've got ANOTHER identical frame, rust and all. I'm planning on making a "clone" to this bike, using a Bat mobile theme. I've been gathering the parts for a build later this year. I was going to do this bike, but with a name like "Snot Rocket", it's gotta be green. :lol:

howdy kota if it is welded at both ends how are you supposed to get the fork off to grease the headset :?

jesusfreak86 said:
howdy kota if it is welded at both ends how are you supposed to get the fork off to grease the headset :?

It looks like the bottom is bolted so that all you would ahve to do is remove the lower screws and than pop the whole truss assembly off.

reminds me of a 57chevy dragster.. dont ask :lol: love the bike. might i suggest some small bobbed fenders? I like bikes with fenders maybe it just me. its gonna look great man.

wow i like it. good luck with them bearings since you blasted it, except if you bead blasted it.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Still trying to do the paint.

Stretch......it was "sand blasted", but those bearings were old ones, The heat from welding did them in first. I had to sacrifice a set to make sure everything was going to line up.

ahhhh, gotcha. just making sure. :D good luck with the build though, i really like it!

ALMOST done! Just gotta paint the rims. Frame is all painted and assembled. Should be done by Friday (can't wait, to much WORK).

Wow Kota, thats a great transition from trash to treasure. Excellent work. You gotta teach me to weld :mrgreen: Now thats an idea.... A Marvel/DC comics suite of rat rod bikes... Perhaps that what ill do with all these Spaceliner frames Im buying up!!!

Just finished, sun's going down. Will post more pics in the "finished" section on Friday.

001-19.jpg

002-6.jpg

wow thats really sweet! i like the color combo, the dark green/brown/black. how comfortable are those rams horn bars? they look pretty sweet. :mrgreen:

stretch said:
wow thats really sweet! i like the color combo, the dark green/brown/black. how comfortable are those rams horn bars? they look pretty sweet. :mrgreen:
This the most comfortable bike I've done, I didn't expect that. The riding position is like riding a "comfy" cruiser, except now I don't have to swing my leg higher then my shoulders to get it over the seat.

Latest posts

Back