sneaky pete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
seems like i was going to take a longer break from bike building,but this one keeps calling my name! :roll: not really a big schwinn fan,but when i dug this outta the back of the pile,it was in much better shape than i had remembered. then i scrounged up the fenders that came with it,and had never noticed that they were actually straight and rust free! :D once i mounted the fenders,i knew it had to be built.
DSCN0565.jpg
DSCN0573-1.jpg
stripped about 80% of the old paint off about 3 wks. ago,then let it sit while i got my flightliner ready for its new owner.i was curious about rear tire room,on the frame,so i threw an old drop center rim/tycoon brick tread combo on it. amazingly,that combo looked under-sized!time to get serious! :wink: back down to the garage,grabbed a new 2.125 rim and a blackwall fat frank.BINGO! :D still plenty of room,too.now i gotta dig up a headset that will work,and start wrenching!
DSCN0611.jpg
DSCN0615.jpg
DSCN0613.jpg
DSCN0616.jpg

i dig the heck outta that.

thats gonna be a sweet ride when you get it finished man. cant wait to see it transform

Easy E

Cool! Is that front tire one of the repro Schwinn whitewall balooner tires? I love it and would like to find a brick tread ww that size. Is it the same tire as you used on the naked ape?

yes,thats the same rim/tire combo off of the naked ape.that bike goes to a new home sunday,as an all black bike. not big on flat black,but thats what the guy wanted! bike world usa has the tires for $15,plus shipping,all the time. :D

thanks texasbigjon, I have my problem solved now. I just got to go find me the best deal. :wink:

I love that thing! :mrgreen: I'd keep stripping it, and then really buff the raw metal and then clear coat it. These bikes look sweet with the "naked" paint finish along with the fillet brazed joints. That fork is the bomb, I wish I could find something like this.

thanks bubbles,...i mean sworks! :D the bike will be left polished and bare.tried clear coating,but it kept coming out slightly milky looking! for now it gets wiped down with wd-40,every 2 days!

I like old Sneaky Pete. The rear fender gives it a manly look. The Fat Franks look good on it as well. Cool bike

after a week of rain and humid weather,last sunday was perfect so i went to work! :) re-stripped and polished all of the bare metal,and clear coated it with a gloss finish. the forks and truss rods were shot with semi-gloss black,then clear coated. i`m gonna let the painted parts,cure for a couple more days.so last night i decided to put the rest of it together.we got fat franks on $56 a pair chrome wheels. mystery crank from my old naked ape,with a big monark sprocket and some more oddball pedals,that i love to collect! :D a chrome re-pop chainguard,that was cheaper than buying a used one. lucky 7 post with a sweet persons seat that actually is comfortable! the head badge is for uncle stretch. i`m sure he will like it! :wink: anyway....here`s how pete`s comin along.
DSCN0680.jpg
DSCN0684.jpg
DSCN0688.jpg
DSCN0690.jpg
DSCN0697.jpg
DSCN0696.jpg
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr355/texasbigjohn/DSCN0687.jpg[/IMG]

my next builds gonna be flat black with bare metal peaked fenders, red wheels and white walls. im excited! gotta a sweet bike there!

Easy E

Latest posts

Back