Smallest headtube I have ever seen.

Oct 28, 2018
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can get my act together we might have similar but contrasting single speed builds going on, mine will be fixed gear, hopefully path racer style.
my Nishiki Olympic frame has a similar very small head tube. I think it’s a 53cm. It’s just been a bare frame since I got it, but now I have wheels and a crankset ready to go, and some cool bars should be on the way.
if it’s too small I’ll strip some parts and build it up for my son as a single speed if I can fit a coaster brake rear wheel.
I did put the handlebar tape on my Schwinn.
20210217_184619.jpg

Oct 28, 2018
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can get my act together we might have similar but contrasting single speed builds going on, mine will be fixed gear, hopefully path racer style.
my Nishiki Olympic frame has a similar very small head tube. I think it’s a 53cm. It’s just been a bare frame since I got it, but now I have wheels and a crankset ready to go, and some cool bars should be on the way.
if it’s too small I’ll strip some parts and build it up for my son as a single speed if I can fit a coaster brake rear wheel.
I just took a picture of it. The front part of the dropouts are kind of damaged where the axle usually goes if you have a derailleur on there but if I turn it into a single speed I can move the wheel further back and it will work better.
20210217_193500.jpg

Nov 20, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats kind of funny
The Nishiki I have has a damaged drop out where the deraillure goes, so I got it for less than the cost of shipping it. I lucked out because I wanted to make a single speed anyway, and bought other parts that all went in the box so I’m good to go.
I think I can build the whole thing from my junk box, so I splurged and ordered some new handlebars. When they arrive I’ll start the build.

I just took a picture of it. The front part of the dropouts are kind of damaged where the axle usually goes if you have a derailleur on there but if I turn it into a single speed I can move the wheel further back and it will work better.
View attachment 151417

Reactions: Grant
Oct 28, 2018
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats kind of funny
The Nishiki I have has a damaged drop out where the deraillure goes, so I got it for less than the cost of shipping it. I lucked out because I wanted to make a single speed anyway, and bought other parts that all went in the box so I’m good to go.
I think I can build the whole thing from my junk box, so I splurged and ordered some new handlebars. When they arrive I’ll start the build.
20210219_125203.jpg