Skulls & spikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almostdone001.jpg
[/img]
almostdone013.jpg
[/img]
almostdoneII002.jpg
sv08140.jpg
[/img]

Looks great, love the paint. Is that a type of paint or a technique that makes it look like that?

Beautiful bike, saw the paint job on another thread, amazing!
Quick question, how does the 'Monark' fork perform with that much rake? Do you have to install stiffer springs? Mine bottoms out rather easily on a 'standard' frame.
Also, what size tire are you running up front? My 24 x 3 Kenda rubbed.

Thanks,
Dr. T

It would be less likely to bottom, because gravity can't pull it straight down. Some of my buds in the '70's had Triumphs whose front ends would only move when you nailed the front brake :roll: , for the exact same reason.

Nice bike. I actually saw it in person at a car show in Eugene...love the paint! Maybe one of these days you could join me and the Twisted Spokes gang in Eugene for a ride.

Thanks for the nice comments. Dr. Tankenstein, deorman is correct about raking a springer fork, it changes the leverage angle of the axle. On some of the old school springer fork choppers you would see a longer bottom bracket pushing the axle out a little farther giving it more leverage making it easier to move. I had to widened this fork 1 1/2" to get the tire and wheel to fit( I'm running a 3" x24" wheel up front ), I made a jig to keep everything inline. i ride, I've heard of the Twisted Spokes and think it would be cool to ride with you guys. Mikesbikes36 I got the spikes at a leather supply store you could also check a specialty fastener store, if all else fails, I've seen them online but didn't want to pay shipping, I hope this helps.

Wicked cool I sooooo love those forks toying with one on my ride someday. Sweet paint job to.

So awesome. What kind of wheels and tires? Hookworms and Large Marge rims? Just a guess...

Hey Gritter, Welcome to the forum, you'll see a lot of cool bikes on here and it should inspire you to come up with something cool yourself. The wheels and tires came from a place in California called Choppers U S. The tires are called cool cats , I'm not sure what brand the wheels are . You could look on their web site to get more info, hope this helps.

That is one beautiful bike youve got there freind 8) Have you had any difficulties with the monark repro-fork, Ive heard some horror stories about the weld at the base of the race giving out and was wonderin if you had to reinforce it with that much rake. would really like to get my hands on one soon but I dont wanna throw the dough if the forks arent forth getting. Again cool ride man, daily rider?

Latest posts

Back