skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

icyuod2 said:
there is one other advantage to the girlfriend being outta town. :lol:
a0j40n.jpg

The bike is looking awesome, but might I inquire about the little girl in the gas mask????

thats smelly shelly.
1zgvxhz.jpg

if the build didn't give it away, i'm a huge horror/halloween nut.

i make most of my prop's, costumes etc by hand.
found the doll on kijiji for $5 and the childs gas mask at my local surplus for $6.95.
heck of a prop for under $20.

figured i'd ad it to the crew of custom creations in the basement.(halloween costumes from previous years)
2mypv8i.jpg

its coming together nice!

Re: skull-o sis (heck bound 665 & 5/8)

gotta say , over all i was a little disapointed with my build. i like my bikes long and low and this was getting taller than i wanted. it was causing problems with the wheelie height and the pedals where no where near the ground as i had originally planned.
most of this was the placement of the rear wheel. wheel clearance, balance point,looks, were all desiding factors, but i just wasn't happy with the end results. the bike was slowly losing that long lowered stance.
xd5z4w.jpg

so i went and blew the budget. ($40)

20"x3 kenda flame and a new 20"x 1 3/8 for the front.
21d4km1.jpg

i'm super happy with the new lowered stance. guess sometimes, things happen for a reason. :)

while i was at the lbs, i picked up a couple cheap chains and spent most of the evening breaking them apart.
15zhx4z.jpg

x1lvu0.jpg

I was going to suggest a 20" in the back after I saw that wheelie shot, I'm glad that my telepathic abilities are finally starting to kick in! :wink:

JoKeR63 said:
I was going to suggest a 20" in the back after I saw that wheelie shot, I'm glad that my telepathic abilities are finally starting to kick in! :wink:

me too, thanks for sending that message out. :)

another change of plan.

its always been my idea to incorparate a work of art as a power plant.
the original idea was to carve a ribcage/skeleton/powerplant ( a means to attach my straight exaust pipes-all 8 of them)

i'm still gonna make the powerplant, but the idea has change a little.
found some stainless rod in the basement and started to cut/attach ribs.
IMG_3445.jpg

didn't have enough for the project, so i will have to pick up more.

really diggin the cage.

lookin good man! the kenda flame does make it look fatter, and more raked. how is steering going to work? im still not to clear on that.

stretch said:
lookin good man! the kenda flame does make it look fatter, and more raked. how is steering going to work? im still not to clear on that.

i have a couple different options i'm looking at.
from simplest to alittle more thinking required. (gonna simplify these to get my idea across)

1. basicly the handle bar stem will be fixed into a steel tube that fits perfectly in the seat tube. (greased/perhaps brass bushings)
at the bottom of the seat tube, i'll drill through the frame and the tube attached to the stem.
the holes in the frame (bottom of the seat tube) will actually become slots. (1-1.5" long)
i'll tap the stem tube and attach an eyelet (for lack of a better term) to each side. these eyelets will travel within the slots, one on each side of the bike,

when you turn the handle bars one eyelet will push forward, while the other is pulled back (the length of the slots will determind how far the eyelets/handle bars can turn.) each side will have a steel shaft attached running to the corrosponding side of the forks (actually the fork tube, so i don't have to deal with suspension issues) turn right, the bars pull the right side of the forks while pushing on the left side, turn left, opposite reaction. :)

make sense?

2. weld 1/2 a worm gear to the bottom of the fork tube (gears facing up, behind the forks)
run a steering colom through the frame from the seat post to the worm gear (40*ish running through the frame twice.) mount a worm gear on one end and a butterfly steering wheel on the other.
turn the wheel, turn the gears, turns the forks. :)

3. rope tied to both sides of the forks. pull on the side of rope ya want to turn. :)
thats old school! perhaps pre school! :)

i like the first idea. simplest, yet safest. :wink: plus it sounds most like a dragster set-up, the pitman arm deal. but you should use riding tractor tie rod ends to make it look pro.

icyuod2 said:
3. rope tied to both sides of the forks. pull on the side of rope ya want to turn. :)
that's old school! perhaps pre-school! :)
Everything else sounds too complicated!! :lol: :lol:

icyuod2 said:
thats old school! perhaps pre school! :)
Maybe drop-out? :p Or maybe just plain drop. :lol:

The first Idea sounds the best. I was wondering how you would pull this off.
I figured it only had to go straight :lol: ...and at 250mph in 9sec. down a 1/4 mile strip. :mrgreen:
The header pipes sound sweet! Pointing upward???? What are you going to use for flames shooting out of them :mrgreen:

stretch said:
i like the first idea. simplest, yet safest. :wink: plus it sounds most like a dragster set-up, the pitman arm deal. but you should use riding tractor tie rod ends to make it look pro.

dude thats perfect. been trying to rack my brain looking for small tie rods. never even crosed my mind to hit princess auto and pick up some tie rod ends for lawn tractors and threaded rod .
thx bud!

FOUND OBJECTS said:
The first Idea sounds the best. I was wondering how you would pull this off.
I figured it only had to go straight :lol: ...and at 250mph in 9sec. down a 1/4 mile strip. :mrgreen:
The header pipes sound sweet! Pointing upward???? What are you going to use for flames shooting out of them :mrgreen:

oh yeah straight up! and the fire, well i'll start collecting pic lighters now.lol
for the purposes of finished photo's i had thought about dropping 8 candles into the pipes (just outta sight) it would give em all a little flame, but i think it will work for photo.

i'd love for the bike to shoot flames, but i think the items required to do so, would take away from the build.

i do have a box of tiny little flares (red and green)

they actually work with a 22 cal starter pistol. you add the flare attachment to the end of the gun.
the 22cal blank actually shoots the flare outta the gun (100 ft) and lights the flare.

i've put a couple in backwards and the gun just shoots em 100ft without lighting them off.
i'm not sure, but perhaps they would work (only gives you 6-10 seconds of flare)

and since its a holiday this weekend here in canada (may two-four) theres fireworks everywhere.
def. a viable option.

IMG_3444_2.jpg

Latest posts

Back