skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

hey man, just go to the local hardware store and get some appropriate sized chain, some thick metal steel, and have your welder buddy help you make your own butterfly wheel! :D

still raining, here in london ontario (and its surposed to continue for a couple more days)
so until then, striping the frame has to wait.

wire wheeled the struts, shot em with some krylon red, then gave em a little attitude.
IMG_3317-1.jpg

heres a easy way to transfer images.

1. first draw your image on a piece of paper. (if your not artistic, your computer monitor acts just like a light table making tracing easy)

2. place the paper on set painted item (image side up)

3. with a ball point pen, trace over your lines.
the pen will make an impression in soft paint (dry but not fully cured) i did this 5-6 hours after painting the parts with krylon. (if your heavy with the paint, you'll have to wait a little longer)

from there its just like a coloring book, just stay in the invisible lines(impressions)

i used 1 shot and a 000 and 00 artist brushes (actually for acrylic)
IMG_3310.jpg

Thanks for the tip...I've been looking for an over head projector for a bit now. I have Frisket too which is a clear masking film. Draw on it and cut it out to make a mask. Works great. Did the tank on the pic for my avatar with it.

heres the back side of the strut.
abm8sy.jpg

i don't know if anybody will ever see it, but hey its there. :)

Dude, you rock! That's just the technique that I need to do the Pin-Up Girl for my build. Thanks!! :mrgreen:

i figured it would come in handy.

can't wait to see your pin up.
if ya need inspiration, check out my good friend dana's web site. (a lot of the models are also friends)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dana-Brus ... 6372559460
theres 4 pages of albums and most albums have a few pages (i missed that the first time i looked)

well the weather man was calling for thunder showers all day, but like usual he don't have a clue.

turned out to be a fantastic day. i made the most of my time and stripped the bike witth my fav. weapon of paint mass destruction.

if i didn't have such a narrow vision on this build, i might be tempted to leave it bare metal.
250uznr.jpg

not a chance, where going flat black baby!
k1qgll.jpg

Now that was fast! I guess I should have bought a wire wheel for my angle grinder instead of my drill :oops: Looks like it would have been a lot faster. Lookin good man!Really lookin forward to the finished product.

the one thing i learned the hard way about the wire brush in the grinder is never where shorts and short sleeve shirts while stripping the paint off a bike i was pulling peaces of where out of my skin for days ..... great build... love how it seems to just be falling into place for you i know it probably isn't but it looks that way....

HotRodRob said:
Now that was fast! I guess I should have bought a wire wheel for my angle grinder instead of my drill :oops: Looks like it would have been a lot faster. Lookin good man!Really lookin forward to the finished product.

oh yeah the angle grinder and wire wheel work great. but as stated ya look like a porcupine when your finished (that style of wire brush is not made for angle grinder speeds. ) i advise a full face shield unless ya like brass wires in your face. :)
the wheels that thread onto the grinder(bristles out the bottom) tend not to throw brass wires at ya.
start to finish, i think i had an hour invested in removing paint.

gotta love krylon. says it dries in 12 min's but i tend to give it an hour before light handling.
aa7gv8.jpg

i'm real proud of the strut design.
5cf7dz.jpg

as for falling together, well i've had a lot of set backs. tools, parts, design issues etc..

all part of the fun. build well or die trying! :)

not a drop of rain today, actual the weather was incredable compared to the last week or so.

i had an unusually productive day. might have something to do with turning off my phone. lol

quick run down
stripped/ painted the frame,chain guard, and a few washers.
beshud.jpg

qp57bd.jpg

also started detailing the chain ring.
2lca100.jpg

i've been keeping an eye on most of your builds. the competion is off the wall this year.
i'm not even sure why i thought i needed to push your bounderies, you guys are doing fine all by yourselves. :lol:

nice detail work on the painting i dont have the patience for stuff like that it takes me less time to do a pinstripe piece. are you going to do any flake stuff on this bike that would scream 70's

karfer67 said:
nice detail work on the painting i dont have the patience for stuff like that it takes me less time to do a pinstripe piece. are you going to do any flake stuff on this bike that would scream 70's

gonna try my hand at pinstriping for the first time on this build.
i was gonna do a lot of different flaked colors originally (ed roth ish) but then i decided on the goul theme instead.
your looking at the color scheme, thats it. :) (although its nowhere close to finished)

look at me, friday night and i have nothing better to do than sit around and paint a chain guard.

i need to get a life. lol
quite pleased with the results.
rjfbqt.jpg

icyuod2 said:
look at me, friday night and i have nothing better to do than sit around and paint a chain guard.

i need to get a life. lol

And I'm here on a Friday night waiting for updates to the build off bikes. :( :lol:

It looks awesome, man.

Oh man! this keeps getting better and better! I liked the steering at the seat post location looks balanced. A short straight bar with MTB bar ends turned up would look like a dragster wheel.Awsome!

I really like this bike so far man...keep up the great work...dont let me down on this one :wink:

between fixing a slow drain and building a section of fence, i managed to bang out the drop outs.
skulls for the front wheel, coffin's for the back. :)
2cs9sp5.jpg

20uolf7.jpg

i just used my drill and a cutting disk to do all the shaping (angle grinder)

Nice dropouts, it like a RAT ROD MULLET skulls in the front coffin in the back :lol: :mrgreen: , im not sure what im gunna do for my dropouts...I was thinking something Ed Roth themed sence that is the inspiration for my bike.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back