skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

Let's not forget-
morticia00.jpg

how on earth could one forget mortica. :)

well after hours of cursing out my stitching engine (sewing machine just sounds so girly :) )
i finally have the covering for 1/2 my seat. i gave up on the quilting idea (after a few failed attemps)
however the buttons give it the quilted look i was going for.

all in all, i'm very happy with the results.
33lnsba.jpg

ok so i'll have to pick up some contact cement to finish the seat. but here are the 2 seat covers.
right now there just slipped over the foam, and the reason it looks so messy.
noyhjt.jpg

i cant believe i wasted 1/2 a day to get this far. i figured it would be a couple hour task at most. :roll:

For your butterfly wheel I think one of those bars off of a Sears Screamer would be a good comprimise. This thing just keeps getting better and better, I'm diggin' the seat!

well i took a lot of pictures to video log the build of the seat, but after a tonne of
back pedaling i gave up on the idea. it's been one thing after another.
moved to a thicker backing (1/2" pine) tried 2 different glues to fix the leather
before i went and purchased contact cement.

had to rebutton (too slack after compressing the seat foam) etc etc.
that being said, after a few hours today, i got 1/2 of it attached. :)
also purchased some apolstry tacks and painted the top red. its a very 60's 70's
item, but i'm not a 100% sure i'm gonna use em yet. we'll see what it looks like when its all t
ogether and go from there.
2v29lxu.jpg

20p6mvr.jpg

and the finished product.
15mh9p3.jpg

2i96ygx.jpg

i'm still unsure how/where i'm gonna mount the seat. however i did leave my options open. :)
21kyrh2.jpg

4hzb7a.jpg

managed to find some mac pin striping brushes locally (00,0,1 and 2)
tomorrow i'll wire wheel the frame and hit it with some krylon ultra flat black.
from there i'm thinking bone pinstrips. :)

Wow that wheelie bar rear end is far out. When I first saw this frame I thought what could you do with that? Now i get it.

thx bud.
decided which way was up and added some red tacks and the skull.
2rohq1t.jpg

vi2lgx.jpg

34ffx2f.jpg

thats why i dig this bike, it is different but still cool, and oh nice seat.

xddorox said:
I admire what you are doing here. That's way out in left field with great craftsmanship.

thank you! left field is exactly what i was shooting for.
if nothing else, my only goal for this build off, it to push your limits, challange your imagenations and get you all thinkin outside the box.
i know the bolt on drop outs are quite popular this year, but i think the forks are very unique and
the best idea's are still yet come. :lol: :lol:

sensor said:
seat looks great and thanks......now i gotta watch plan 9 again :!:
its been a while for me also. did she do that before or after she was blacklisted for not playing ball?
(maintaining 51% ownership of the character?

it rained all day so i didn't get around to stripping the bike (wire wheels/angle grinders are lightning fast but messy as heck)
well looks like i'll be ajusting the wheelie bar. this is insane by even my standards. :roll:
2pycn0o.jpg

2hn55jr.jpg

gonna ajust the angle of the wheelie bars a little, lower the sk8 wheels and move the rear wheel.
it should lower the bike enough while maintaining the lines and allowing ground clearance for the crank.

i think i'm gonna have to mount the seat to the wheelie bars to really make this bike comfortable.

btw found objects, thx for the link. trying to keep this build cheap (using what i got) but at least i know theres options. i like the idea of chain in a butterfly format.

Just plain crazy. I like it. You are definately pushing the boundries.

Wait till you pop your first wheelie. I bet that smile will be huge.

Latest posts

Back