skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (bone-afied bars!)

the ban was only until today, so i figured i'd just wait it out.

beside's, i love being under the gun, and had more than a few other bikes i wanted to work on.
i'll be putting my rusty skiptooth on the road today (with any luck) then back to skullosis.

Re: skull-o sis (did somebody say meat loaf?)

alright, so the bikes still not finished and i'm already digging holes.

feeling a little "bat out of heck" ish. :)
IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0587-1.jpg

thx brotha!

this has definately been my most wacky,fun build to date.
btw i love the adams family. as a kid my parents used to tell me, if i didn't behave, they'd send me to live with the adam's.

wrong thing to say to a 10 year old kid with a love for classic horror, and a stubborn streak a mile long. :)

Gold Street Customs said:
I can just visualize you nieghbors peeping between the miniblinds into you backyard while your doing this, "Martha come quick, he's really gone off the deep end this time" LOVE IT !!!! :lol: :lol:

well a few of the neighbours did ask me what i was doing, but i don't think they believed me when i told em i was digging a grave. :)

the neighbours are no strangers to the oddities that happen around here.
with the vintage arcade,motorcycles etc in the basement, i have pinup model's/photographers visiting every once in a while.
from 8x10 back drops painted in the front lawn (i use my tree to prop them up) to wacky bikes and a month of haloween decor.
they've coin'd me as a strange nut.
i have to say, i live in a great community and we're a tight knit bunch. i couldn't ask for better neighbours (3 sides)
so here's a couple more shot's of what's instore, and the prep work involved to set up a shoot like this.
straight up, i've spent more on the set, than i did building the entire bike. :shock:
hidden lighting and fog machines, even new sod.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

somebody cut me some slack!

weather network says........
"beautiful long weekend across canada, except for you unfortunate souls trying to shoot your rrbbo photoshoot.

enjoy your thunder showers and try to stay dry."
sucka!

last thing i want to do is throw a model into a wet hole full of extention cords. :?

what a day! what a day! (if you can look it in the face and hold your vomit.) :)

up at 5 and just winding down now at midnight (fitting huh?)
the day started out a little crazy. had what seemed to be a 101 loose ends to tie up on the bike, finishing the set, finishing elvira's costume on top of food/beer runs and a general cleaning of the house for company.
the rain held off until dusk (the time we planed on starting) then opened up on us. :(
drank some beers, ate some burgers and dog's to kill some time.
the weather network called for serious thunder storms all through the night and into tomorrow.
we waterproofed the set the best we could and prepared for the worst.
rk6fc9.jpg

and elvira (formerly refered to as karen) graced our pad.
i40lli.jpg

lucky for us the weather man is hardly ever correct. :)
rain held off all night. (woo hoo, do the happy dance!)

not only is my friend dana brushette an incredable photographer, but she's a real trooper also.
crawling around in the mud and wet grass to get those incredable shots (which you'll see soon enough)
dana, you rock! (to see more of dana's pinup photography)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dana-Brus ... 6372559460?

xlxhm0.jpg

w18lxi.jpg

well that's it for me to night. i'm done like dinner and need some sleep.

Dr. Icy,

The weather report must of have mentioned lightning; It's Alive, It's Alive!

Unleash this creature to the world to see.

good thing's come to those who wait.

beside's, now i have to finish the bike. :roll:
there where a couple things i couldn't do until after the shoot.
mainly the wheelie bars wheels.

couple new items yet to be seen.

i never did find the skull bolts i lost, so i had to make another 2.
23vnv6a.jpg

and the hand painted, glow in the dark bell my girl brought back from her trip to england.
1izqqg.jpg

done like dinner.!

hope ya had as much fun following my thread, as i had building skull-o-sis!
elvira2.jpg

photo by dana brushette.

Sent the Elvira shoot pic's out to a few horror mag's. who know they soon could be in print and coming to a corner store near you.

I also want to thank everybody for following my thread, and the wonderful comments made.
Like Bighit, i also didn't realize we'd be locked out of the finish build thread.
I spent most of yesterday on the couch, catching up on some much needed sleep.

Slept right through my chance to reply to your comments. i do appreciate each and everyone of them.

by far the best part of my build.
thx again. Stay creepy my friends. :)

bighit said:
this bike is the true "WORKOUT IN CREATIVITY"

the exercise bike, that was a page out of my book. :mrgreen:

and let's not forget the tierod ends. :wink:

too cool!

ya know, if ya take the time to make a few changes, i could totally get into that.

i'd do away with leigh and rat bike.
and include doc icy or icyuod2 and a shout out to the rrbbo #5/rat rod bikes.com

Latest posts

Back