skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (electrified!)

there 20000 mcd leds (super bright) i've been thinking of adding another to light up below the bike.

here's the new brake linkage. :)

IMG_0384.jpg

awesome lights! i like the brake linkage too, its pretty sweet. im glad i suggested that rod end idea to you, it really makes the bike look pro. :D :wink:

This bike is twisted and wrong,....and so very cool.

I'd add two more red lights,...one behind the bottom bracket, and one behind the headset, both facing down to illuminate the ground under the bike.

That is So nice ! I really like the speedo light.

stretch said:
awesome lights! i like the brake linkage too, its pretty sweet. im glad i suggested that rod end idea to you, it really makes the bike look pro. :D :wink:

yup the lawn mower tie rod ends were a horrificly good idea. got me thinkin how i should be thinkin and not how i thought i was thinkin. :)
i ended up visiting princess auto's hydrolic section, to find better suited sizes.

icy....the thought,enginering and sweat you have put into this build is mind boggling! 8) even the details have their own details! :D it warps my mind everytime i look at it,and thats the great thing about it! :wink: love your work,man!

i appreciate that texas big john.

it's just been a really fun build and easy to throw myself into.
kinda has a time warp thing going on.
i start working on the bike and next thing i know the sun is setting. :shock: :shock:

lovin' your build :) can't wait to see it finished! :D! hopefully that motivates you! ya know... because some anonymous a-hole is just sitting on her butt doing nothing in a strange land and living vicariously through you ahah. your bike is f'n hot.

t-b0ne said:
lovin' your build :) can't wait to see it finished! :D! hopefully that motivates you! ya know... because some anonymous a-hole is just sitting on her butt doing nothing in a strange land and living vicariously through you ahah. your bike is f'n hot.

thx tracey, anytime ya wanna use me to live vicariously, your more than welcome.
however, next time the irondelles hold a party, i might have to do the same to you. :)

sure looks like they know how to have a good time. :)

i actually didn't work on the bike today, but i did find a model, an elvira outfit and started in on some tombstones.
(for the final photo shoot)
tomorrow i think i'll dig a grave shaped hole in the backyard. :lol:

alright, let me start by asking.... is there a build off grace period????? :?
so many things left to do and so little time.

the bike doesn't look to have changed much, but i've been spending a lot of time buttoning up unfinished tasks.
i did start on the bar treatment, although i'm not convinced i like the white. (its growing on me)
i might give it a dusting of flat black (from a couple/few feet away) to tone down the white. then again,
they might just end up black. :roll:

while cleaning out the junk pile to make room for the new shed i have to build next week, i came across my old halloween beer bong.
ooooh the lack of memories. :lol:
IMG_0414.jpg

its lengend will live on. :)
IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0418-1.jpg

steering is close to fine tuned, however theres nowhere in my neighbourhood to take it for a test drive.
IMG_0420-1.jpg

constructions been going on all spring/summer. they've ripped up my road and neighbouring roads 5 times.
once for storme drains. once to remove/replace sewers. once to remove/replace waterlines. once to hook up the sewers and again to hook up the water.

the end is in sight, and i'm hoping to have nice fresh pavement for the video.

Re: skull-o sis (bone-afied bars!)

Paint them black. They look too separate from the rest of the bike.

leroy, your just in luck.

my girlfriend hated em, said she'd have nothing to do with white bars. (and she never shows an interest in "bicycles")

i think, she could tell i really wasn't happy with em.
tried with a coat of black splatter (was gonna add some red also) she hated em.
told me i was painting them black (grips and all) and that was the last she wanted to here about it.

she really doesn't like things that dont match or aren't symetrical.
IMG_0421.jpg

who am i to argue? after all she does think she's the boss. :lol:

btw that's not my garage thats in serious need of a new roof, but i do so enjoy sweeping it off the deck everymorning. :roll:

That's what you keep 'em around for. Every now and then they pull you into line in a good way.
Looks good man, although I still can't believe the steering works.

Leroy said:
That's what you keep 'em around for. Every now and then they pull you into line in a good way.
Looks good man, although I still can't believe the steering works.

i tell ya it wasn't easy.

wanna know the secret? have you ever tried to drive a car thats surposed to have power steering
(ie the power steering pump crapped out/has been removed) well skullosis is much the same.

i have it resricted something fierce with springs/shock's, and then pinched tight with the ajustable clamp on the seat tube.
if ya wanna turn, ya gotta work for it.
no pansy power steering on this ride. :)
it will be much easy to turn while pulling wheelies. you'll just have to lean a little to compress the skateboard truck.

IMG_0422-2.jpg

IMG_0424-1.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Dr. Icy,

Pure Kool! This baby looks like she's ready to drag race.

never had a limit before, i guess its time to pay for pro for another year. ;(

Latest posts

Back