SISSY BAR PLZ REPLY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im restoring a bike and i wanted to add a taller sissy bar for a back rest and to hold bags. (hence the sissy bar :D)
can anyone give some answers to where i could buy some aluminium rods or pipes to make it?(cannot find anny online from store such as lowes, harbor freights, rural king, etc.) I was thinking i would either bend one to what i want or cut it and bolt it onto the original one. :D

i have seen some on ebay before i think the guy has a store there , but typically can only ship upto ten feet lengths.

Check in electrical. they have conduit. that is what i use for stuff.

I was thinking of using some rebar. It might be a bit heavy, but the pattern would be cool.
I also plan on using the front end from a water ski to make a banana seat sometime in the future.
I even thought it would be cool to take two snow skis and use them as the sissy bar.

kingfish254 said:
I was thinking of using some rebar. It might be a bit heavy, but the pattern would be cool.
I also plan on using the front end from a water ski to make a banana seat sometime in the future.
I even thought it would be cool to take two snow skis and use them as the sissy bar.

i thought of the rebar idea :mrgreen:

Electrical conduit works great! :D Here's mine :wink:
0187.jpg

Now that's a proper sissy bar!!!!!

I have picked quite a few larger diameter pipe benders lately, but I don't think I have anything to make that small of a bend radius yet.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Electrical conduit works great! :D Here's mine :wink:
0187.jpg

im a little uhhh, inexperienced im 15 and dont have access to alot i fund most things i use and have how did you get a bend like that did you use a pipe bender. i dont have one im just using fire and a wooden jig, and the pipes dont get rd hot. any help? :?

Around here some people flip an aluminum crutch with the arm pad removed. It already has the holes to screw to the seat and the frame in most cases.

ozzmonaut said:
Around here some people flip an aluminum crutch with the arm pad removed. It already has the holes to screw to the seat and the frame in most cases.

I like that idea. I saw some at a yard sale this weekend but couldn't think of a use. The wooden ones would give a different look to. Ambulance bike.

well since youre already using a buck and fire.....ill toss my $.01 in....
cut a wood buck to the radius you want v it out in the middle pack some 1/2" .065 with sand as tight as you can(i mean beat it down with a b.f.h. fill,repeat) plug both ends and bend it over your buck unplug it dump out the sand and theres the almost finished sissy bar.....for the flat ends you could heat and hammer them to the shape(or smash in vise but that leaves diamond marks) you want them drill your holes....and wala(sp?)! youve got a sissy bar for a total of $5 that no one else has

give or take a few $ depending on where you get your materials(support your local steel shops and mom/pop stores!)

sensor said:
well since youre already using a buck and fire.....ill toss my $.01 in....
cut a wood buck to the radius you want v it out in the middle pack some 1/2" .065 with sand as tight as you can(i mean beat it down with a b.f.h. fill,repeat) plug both ends and bend it over your buck unplug it dump out the sand and theres the almost finished sissy bar.....for the flat ends you could heat and hammer them to the shape(or smash in vise but that leaves diamond marks) you want them drill your holes....and wala(sp?)! youve got a sissy bar for a total of $5 that no one else has

give or take a few $ depending on where you get your materials(support your local steel shops and mom/pop stores!)
no i just need the time :lol: ive tried doing that befor but without sand and my pipe never got very hot, wish i had a torch :(

Latest posts

Back