>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> 3rd fender added!

Circa Cycles said:
This is one of my favorite builds!Your fenders(past and present)make me drool like a St.Bernard :!: This bike is so classy and I enjoy the pics from every angle.Kinda makes me feel like I'm seeing it in person.You are very talented and I can't wait to see the bike when it's finished.Keepup the great work!
tvc15 said:
Those fenders are amazing!
slow rider said:
verey nice work looks grate. love the new look on the fenders.

Thanks guys! Nice of you to say.
Wish I had some updates for you guys but I find it really hard to find some time to work on the bike.
Made a quick cartboard tankplate for mock-up and measuements, but didn't feel nessecary to post pics.

...untill Karfer made me wait for his update on my request :wink:

Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> 3rd fender added!

gazelle_27_a.jpg

gazelle_27_b.jpg

^ Tankplate mock-up

While I was waiting for Karfers update I went back to the shed to shoot some pics of the mock-up I did last week. I still try to follow my concept, and must say: It all kinda works! imho...

The shape of the tank is because I want the bike to have some sort of scallops. Usually the frametubing is too small for a flame- or a scallop-job, but with a tankplate that problem is solved.

Now I wish I had the time to finish this part of the build. It doesn't look like I will for two weeks...\
:(

Re: >>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>> Tankplate/scallops , mock-up

I like where this build is going, I really like your vision for diamond framed bikes. Your boardtracker is still one of my favorites.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like where this build is going, I really like your vision for diamond framed bikes. Your boardtracker is still one of my favorites.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks man!

I always look at things and think of how I would 'hotrod' it... Diamondframes are a natural to me. They make up 99% of the men's bikes around here. Modern and vintage. And I know it can be done. Your revamped mtb has got to be the definitive proof of that.

I love my Cartboardtracker. It is such a great riding bike. I've used it almost every other day for more than a year up untill the start of this Singlespeed Hotrod-build. But it's needs a make-over. Badly. A few touch-ups with the primeroxide red, and de the rack definately can use a new coat of paint. The wood has to be sanded and lackered again. But not before I finished my Singlespeed Hotrod ofcourse!

Cheers.

whoinphx said:
It's a shame how life gets in the way of doing the fun stuff... :)
I agree :cry:

I´m using very similar wingnuts on my build, you should too herr_rudolf, those are cool :!:

I like the Cartboardtracker and from the look of what you've done so far I think I'm going to like this one even more! :)

Build is looking sick! But a true hot rod wouldn't run fenders...just sayin'. I love the look of it at the beginning when it was nice and smooth with the stripped down look.

Wolf's Den Garage said:
Build is looking sick! But a true hot rod wouldn't run fenders...just sayin'. I love the look of it at the beginning when it was nice and smooth with the stripped down look.

I don't think it's that simple to define a "true hot rod". Rudolf's fenders are pure magic.

yoothgeye said:
Wolf's Den Garage said:

I don't think it's that simple to define a "true hot rod". Rudolf's fenders are pure magic.

+1 8)

MplsCoaster said:
yoothgeye said:
Wolf's Den Garage said:

+1 8)

Fenders or not, it's still a hotrod!!! 8)

herr_rudolph ....... How goes it ? I hope all is well with you, we haven't heard from you in over a month.
Hope you can finish, or are finished. Good luck ...

whoinphx said:
herr_rudolph ....... How goes it ? I hope all is well with you, we haven't heard from you in over a month.
Hope you can finish, or are finished. Good luck ...
+1
Anybody else on Myspace? this is my only "social networking" spot and I plan to keep it that way.

How's the progress on that HotRod?? Update please! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back