Silverio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! Silver Rat is my Rat's name too (see profile pic)

:D

I'm thinking of using mid-rise apes with white vintagey grips and white spring cone beach cruiser saddle. What do you guys think? :)

These grips
KGrHqNHJDcE-o13oUNBP2VcHqtp60_35.jpg

I think a spring cone saddle would look really good as long as it isn't too big for the bike, I'd be worried that a full-size sprung cruiser saddle might look disproportionately large on a 20" frame. If it looks right, then I say go for it.

As for the grips, I like the look of matching saddles & grips. This bike could wear white or black accent colors equally well.

I think a spring cone saddle would look really good as long as it isn't too big for the bike, I'd be worried that a full-size sprung cruiser saddle might look disproportionately large on a 20" frame. If it looks right, then I say go for it.

As for the grips, I like the look of matching saddles & grips. This bike could wear white or black accent colors equally well.

Yeah I was thinking about the same thing about the saddle. The size I'm going to use is exactly the same size on this other 20" build of mine, which I think kinda looks ok. I hope it works with this frame though :)

IMG_20140711_174403.jpg

Ok, so here's Silverio's new look (what my wife and I have been calling him these days). Got the bar from my donor bike (my klunker build) and chopped it off and replaced the grips. Also, got rid of the speedo to make it more streamlined and added a front fender for extra bling, hehehe.
IMG_20150222_110502.jpg

IMG_20150222_110708.jpg

IMG_20150222_110626.jpg

IMG_20150222_110659.jpg

First time seeing this bike! I caught the chrome bug this spring. Love this build. So many questions though. Is the photoshopped frame the same as the build? What is(are) the frame (s)? Im thinking 20" tires, not frame, right? -cant immagine board track bars on a bmx size frame..ooooooo my back. Inspirational build. Thanks for sharing!

First time seeing this bike! I caught the chrome bug this spring. Love this build. So many questions though. Is the photoshopped frame the same as the build? What is(are) the frame (s)? Im thinking 20" tires, not frame, right? -cant immagine board track bars on a bmx size frame..ooooooo my back. Inspirational build. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your comment and looking forward to your build. To answer your questions, the photoshopped image was just an approximation of the actual frame which I eventually used. It is a generic chrome 20" canti from Taiwan or China which most of our unbranded bicycle parts comes from. I really intended it to be board track style however it didn't work well with my back, hahaha! Even with my short legs and laid back seatpost (I'm just 5'4) it was still very cramped and uncomfortable. Maybe with a banana or bread loaf saddle you can still keep the board track bars, ala cafe racer ;-)

Latest posts

Back