Silver Moon Velo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most advanced tools include a soldering iron, a wood burning kit, few grinders, and multiple hammers. :mrgreen:

Are you doing a regular trunk or a rumble seat?

Regular trunk. Was going to do a larger opening but making the lid stay curved the same way as the body was just too much for me.I did get a nice 10x20 inch opening.

7/15/2013
taillights. these were made from 18wheeler wheel nut covers/scrap plastic / and box end wrenches/ with red blinking LEDs.

Love the various lights and the useful trunk you are putting in it.

I know you are limited in how large the opening on top can be done, don't limit the size under it if you can access the bottom while building.

My folks had an RV with a staorge area under the back double bed.
Space it accessed was larger and it was amazing how useful it was in real life.

Maybe give yourself space for a cooler for lunch and drinks etc?

Kroozerdave said:
Love the various lights and the useful trunk you are putting in it.

I know you are limited in how large the opening on top can be done, don't limit the size under it if you can access the bottom while building.
Maybe give yourself space for a cooler for lunch and drinks etc?
Good idea, the bottom of the trunk area has a place to bolt in a floor , and using one of those soft sided coolers would work I think. I do have to access the back disk brakes through this opening also, so some planning along your idea is in order for sure.

Nice work! Is that an Ural motorcycle and sidecar I see in the background? I was tempted to get one myself. cool bikes.

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice work! Is that an Ural motorcycle and sidecar I see in the background? I was tempted to get one myself. cool bikes.
Yes it is. The urals are very fun sidecars to drive. Sidecaring takes time to get use to. not a vehicle you just get on a ride. And the Urals are old school in technology--like owning a 50s motorcycle. The Ural web site list all their Dealers go you an check one out.

frameteam2003 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Yes it is. The urals are very fun sidecars to drive. Sidecaring takes time to get use to. not a vehicle you just get on a ride. And the Urals are old school in technology--like owning a 50s motorcycle. The Ural web site list all their Dealers go you an check one out.

Yeah they have a dealer in Tipton, I used to go there and drool over the bikes when I paid my insurance (Right next door)

Sweet tail lights--nice use of materials. If you have a business call Agri-Supply in your area (sort of a rural Northern Hydraulic) they have a wide selection of truck and tractor lights for not much coin.
That is the badassest soldering iron I've seen in some time.

frameteam2003 said:
up-date july 7 2013
Been working on a conv top for the velo
still need to figure some type of latches between the top and the windshield frame?

This really has turned out nicely. It's so professionally done, it looks like it could have been a kit.

Latest posts

Back