Silver Moon Velo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're getting close to the finish line! Down to the wire on these bikes.
Finished up the Battery box so now if I hit a bump the Batts won't go flying down the gutter

Now if you could just get a couple of electric hubs later ,I reckon it's good enough for a upgrade at NEV as they classify them in the US. Bet it works better than those 'mobility scooters' over here that still can't get better than about 20km per charge and that's running on the bikeways.

You sir have built a beautiful piece of alternative transport! :idea:

Very cool. Been wanting to build a bikecar for a while. Nothin so complex, just fun to ride. This takes it to a whole other level.

Don't get it to shiny, you won't be able to get pics of it. Lol

Look at the smiles on these kids faces...That's the real winner right there :!: .Makes our hobby worth it....
Love it your own personalized pedal power golf cart... :D

Yep.

Just shined it up and still gets the kids out in it having a ball.

That's showing why the work is even better value than your own use.

A one off experience that will build some great memories to spark the next generation.

I love that this build off we have father and son, this beauty, some of the better halves having a great go and showing us how to accessorise. Nothing cliquey about Rat Rods!

up-date July 31 ,2013
Officially finished! installed the rear brake doubler this morning.

And the last piece to be is the Hair Tie latches to hole the top to the windshield frame

May have to tweak stuff a bit but it's DONE!
And a big thanks to all who took the time to view this build---hope it was entertaining. Hope ya'll maybe got an idea or two. AG was a blast.

Have been just stumbled over your thread.
Congratulations !!!
THIS knocks my socks off!

Very nice build, great pics and I like the aluminium shell you have created, nice material to work with.
Much similar to my project, which is also inspired by Mochet and the Swedish Fantom, except I have'nt build a shell yet.
(Want to use 1mm airplane plywood)

I'm astonished by the short time you needed to build the pedalcar.
My build has started almost two years ago.
It's driveable since May 2012 (but not complete) and frequently used on sunday rides and whenever we have the time to drive with.
Until now we have cycled 600km (estimated) with the pedalcar.
Furthermore I installed a little plywood box in the rear with a backseat for my youngest daughter and space for water, cookies and so on.
My blog: http://www.plycar.blogspot.com
DSCF0198.jpg

Best regards,
Kai

PS: I'm green with envy :D

Latest posts

Back