*Silent Assassin* - Rear Fender Added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before:

After:

My initial thought is either to readjust the front fender to match the height of the rear fender or lower the rear fender and use an additional fender to give it a more of a full street sweeper look. Thoughts?

Take the bolts loose and try moving them both around in different positions. Take pictures as you go so that you can compare them later and decide what you like. No need to rush at this point!

I like the look of the front fender position.:)

I'd go with a street sweeper rear fender myself, but I agree with TRM about trying multiple things to see what suits you. It is your bike after all.

Not only have I been following and admiring the developments taking place in BO11 from afar, it has rejuvenated my desire to continue working on Silent Assassin. Finally got the seat and rear fender where I want it and made some subtle changes to the seat mounting arrangement as well as the front end. It's finally ready for a test ride, and I cannot be any happier with the way the mock-up has turned out!

Not only have I been following and admiring the developments taking place in BO11 from afar, it has rejuvenated my desire to continue working on Silent Assassin. Finally got the seat and rear fender where I want it and made some subtle changes to the seat mounting arrangement as well as the front end. It's finally ready for a test ride, and I cannot be any happier with the way the mock-up has turned out!

Welcome back my friend. Can't wait to see where your mind has taken this one.

Outside of needing to clear coat the metal, adding a headbadge, and a new chain (preferably a black one), the bike is pretty much done. Photos will be coming soon. Been checking out the projects in BO11...nothing short of awesome!!!!

b349f84a8271fc618635313c90f37ac5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for the long wait. I decided to back to school last fall and have endured a very busy period of taking classes. It's been well worth it. Now that the semester has come to a close, I've been able to shift my focus onto the bike. The last 2 days, I have reconfigured the tail lights. A few minor fixes to the head lights and front fender, and hopefully I'll have a finished bike by this weekend.

I apologize for the long wait. I decided to back to school last fall and have endured a very busy period of taking classes. It's been well worth it. Now that the semester has come to a close, I've been able to shift my focus onto the bike. The last 2 days, I have reconfigured the tail lights. A few minor fixes to the head lights and front fender, and hopefully I'll have a finished bike by this weekend.

Just read back thru the whole thread. This thing is pretty sweet!!

Any more progress on the Silent Assassin???!!!!!

Any more progress on the Silent Assassin???!!!!!
Kingfish! My guy! Hope all is well! This is my first time being on RRB since my last post in 2017. Unfortunately, this project is dead. I’ve dealt with some adverse situations in my personal life shortly after my last post including messy divorce proceedings that transpired about 3 months after you messaged me. I truly regret not taking the bike with me when I moved out (relocated from Memphis to Orlando last year).

Good news is...I received a bike as an early Christmas present that I’m in the beginning stages of adding mods to...very simple build...that I’ll post on the site. Always good to hear from you and glad to be back!

Latest posts

Back