Sigh ... waiting for parts to arrive.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered these wheel covers from Classic-Cycle.com. So far they have been in transit for 9 days and haven't left Germany yet.
So I photoshopped the product shot off the web site onto my bike to see what they might look like. If this is close they will be worth the wait.

covers.jpg

it's painful trying to get bike parts lately. I've had on shipment go missing (was refunded) and two others were cancelled. The supply chain is seriously interrupted.

I just waited 18 days for a package from N.J., while it only takes 3 days from Colorado, to Florida....
Ugh!

Worst for me has been memory sent 1st class by USPS with tracking. Was in limboland between socal and me for a month! Amazon said it "might be lost". Then just when I was about to reorder - bang. It shows up!

a counter sales person at my local post office (which just reopened after being closed for two weeks due to everyone there having Covid), said she visited a USPS distribution site recently, and the parking lot was full of trailers full of mail not being unloaded because they are so short handed. Explains a lot.

Yeah - I have boxes full of junk parts too. But customising parts are no so easily sourced.

I'm up to 40 days in transit now.
I spoke to classic cycle. There are no flights from Germany to Australia so they were flown to Dubai and have to make the rest of the way by sea. Such is the way of the Pandemic.

Sigh.

Yep. Waiting on a few myself. Funny thing is I ordered one part from the UK and it was here in WV in a week. I've had other parcels from a few hundred miles away take 3-4 weeks - or just vanish into thin air. Shaking my head.

I had something arrive (UPS) after two months being lost. I had been refunded for it. The seller was quite pleased when I reached out to re-pay him. And he was super nice to give me a discount.

I'll admit I get impatient sometimes when things don't arrive when I expect them, but then I have to remind myself it's just bike parts. The beating we've been taking with this huge weather system across the country has delayed a lot of things, and my bike parts aren't life-changing. I had a small parcel arrive yesterday, and there are a few more floating around out there. They'll get here. Probably.

as a seller on eBay for 15+ years, it gets frustrating when buyers take it out on me. I don't understand how a person doesn't understand that it's out of my control once I leave it at the P.O. People. anyway..

yesterday on NPR they were talking about how the USPS is falling apart under it's new leadership, combined with pandemic-caused lack of employees (plus they were short employees pre pandemic). It's like the perfect storm for them so far as making them even worse. They interviewed customers who are still receiving holiday gifts and cards, and in one case, a grandma mailed books to her grandson 150 miles away, and they just arrived yesterday. They traversed the country EIGHT times, over 22,000 miles. Holy crap.

Personally I mailed something to an ex coworker in town (we live in CT), after his fiance died of Covid, and it took one month to get to him. They shipped it to MO where it sat for two weeks, among other places. Massive logistics fails going on at USPS now. They need to get busy re-inventing themselves.

Last edited:
They need to get busy re-inventing themselves.
Ha ha. I don't think that will ever happen. My hayfield 40 acres adjacent to my house, is the limit of delivery of the neighboring towns post office. My little tiny town is "served" by our very own tiny post office. This really isnt a town, just a gas station, bar and grille and a garage all spread out inbetween farms. Downtown is where the defunct railroad used to stop maybe 70 years ago. This is where the Post office is...
Now this is where it gets good. 11 homes lie South of the post office, including mine. Because we are not on an established mail route, but within 1/4 mile of the post office, they deny us delivery and force us to request a post office box each year.
A few years ago they held a meeting to discuss closing the post office to save money, bunch of us went and told 'em to close it - we would get mail delivery, finally!
But no, they are still there. :(

I'm reluctant to post this...as I feel it makes me the poster boy for 'first world problems'...and I'm not really complaining about the delays, though the communication has been complaint worthy.

1) S&M Covid Cruiser F/F purchased through PlanetBMX pre-order. Put my order in early May, I believe... projected date was late July. Got it mid-September.

2) Supercross 450UL 24" Pro Cruiser frame (Anniversary special edition, 1 of 30 cruisers; 1 of 10 raw) ordered through Supercross. Put order in first week in June for end of July delivery. Got it a month ago (they threw in a raw fork!).

3) Skyway T/A 24" Pro Cruiser F/F/bars. Ordered through PlanetBMX first week of June, with fall delivery (Sept/Oct)...still waiting. Supposedly in US port...but I think that is just the white ones, as the last I heard the chrome ones (mine) were ready to ship out of Taiwan when flaking was noticed...so, they need stripped and replated.

Stupid covid.

As for communication...PlanetBMX needs work. Supposedly they have a new customer service guy...but, I have never received any updates about any of my delayed items. I left a VM and email on the Covid Cruiser and never got a response...though it arrived a week later.

Supercross...never received a status message, though others did, even after confirming my contact info with Bill Ryan on the phone. However, both times talking with Bill on the phone have been fantastic...great guy.

Latest posts

Back