show your Spaceliners!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
retro cruiser said:
very Kool

kensmurray said:
Very nice job, Kingfish.

wimpy said:
Can't get any cooler than this,Kingfish. Background on the 2nd pic suits the bike totally.

Thanks buddies! She was a blast to build and even more fun to ride. BUILD OFF 7 ROCKED!!!

Here's a couple pics of my Spaceliner from a couple years ago

attachment.php

attachment.php

one I just finished. Didn't notice it was a 24" rack until I built it up this weekend. I'm going to level it off this week.

2012-09-15_16-24-22_528.jpg

2012-09-15_16-24-09_8.jpg

2012-09-15_16-24-41_377.jpg

build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60007

It kinda flows with the angle of the tank like it is.

thatismytruck said:
I noticed that too which is why I left it to start, but the engineer in me won't let it stay that way. :oops:

But the artist in you should!!!! :D 8)

Here's my latest , still chasing that DEVIL WING !

0917121905a_zps86efe73f.jpg

yep , still doin the crappy cell phone pic,s :? :oops:

Last edited:
A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Here's my latest , still chasing that DEVIL WING !
imagejpeg952_10.jpg

yep , still doin the crappy cell phone pic,s :? :oops:

Getting close to JoeyMac's version! Looks good!

Here.s a couple of pictures of the Spaceliner that I got from member Onewheelsqueel awhile back. It's gone through a couple of variations since I unpacked it from the box, but this is how it looked this morning. I also tidied up the tarnished spots a little this morning, but haven't really put any effort into the detailing as of yet.

URL=http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/latefordinner/media/OldFlyerandSpaceliner010_zps05b8f27c.jpg.html]
OldFlyerandSpaceliner010_zps05b8f27c.jpg
[/URL]

late for dinner said:
What took you so long ? :lol: That's a pretty cool sub $100 transformation right there. Nice results!

Thanks! I got the bike on Tuesday and went to my LBS and rummaged through the exclusive back room. After dropping a 20 dollar bill on bars, stem, and tires, I decided I'd go ahead and knock it all out and get it ready for the Grand Rod Run in Pigeon Forge. The bike is so fast, I love it. I didn't expect to like a spaceliner this much, so I really think its going to get a much better treatment in the very near future. Polished out, painted wheels, I've got a cool tank idea, chrome headlight, etc...

Gee, I wish my LBS had an exclusive back room like that, My LBS guys treat me pretty well though.
I took my Spaceliner out for rhe maiden voyage yesterday too, and the view from behind the bars is pretty sweet.
These frames simply have the coolest design. I told myself awhile back, no more middleweights,(then I got the Corvette last weekend too) but the Spaceliners have some good geometry and when I had the 28" wheels it felt like a bigger bike.
Good luck with your tank idea, looking forward to seeing innovative ideas,

late for dinner said:
Here.s a couple of pictures of the Spaceliner that I got from member Onewheelsqueel awhile back. It's gone through a couple of variations since I unpacked it from the box, but this is how it looked this morning. I also tidied up the tarnished spots a little this morning, but haven't really put any effort into the detailing as of yet.

URL=http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/latefordinner/media/OldFlyerandSpaceliner010_zps05b8f27c.jpg.html]
OldFlyerandSpaceliner010_zps05b8f27c.jpg
[/URL]

Love the look.

Thanks Kevin, I'm liking the way it has evolved so far and I just got an idea while seeing the pics in your reply that it could use a bigger headlight. :idea:
I've already cut the cord on the Big Beam but it didn't work out on the bike that I thought it would and I think that the battery case should fit the scheme and the frame pretty well too. I'm going to try it out right now!

Yeah they are pretty good lights and you could probably jumpstart a car if you had to. :lol:
I switched the light over to the bike and checked behind the contact plate in the case to see that I can unbolt the handle for more versatile mounting options. It didn't just fit between the bars as I'd hoped.
It's kind of a shame to take it apart after all these years, but here goes....
Flash forward 20 minutes and the light is on the bike, but I'm now thinking that the set up may just work out better on the other build after all.
The battery case seems kind of klunky on the Spaceliner frame. It's midnight here now, so I'll have to sleep on it.

That's a beauty of a bike CB, Great Job!

Latest posts

Back